All reviewssauchiehall streetcity centresingle roomquiet streetlarge tvkelvingrove parkyogurtbreakfast was excellentguesthousescotlandgig
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

As staying ...Due to the severe weather across Scotland on 01/03/18 - A ‘Red Weather’ Warning - Danger to life was issued & No physical transport to Glasgow was running.

We were going to a gig - Also cancelled due to ‘Red Weather’

So,

Contacted this property, highlighting the issue and asked for a refund and even intimated I’d stay with them if the gig was rescheduled to a satisfactory date for us, Although I know with bookings this might not have been feasible,

I wasn’t impressed with their response ‘Sympathetic’ they said but it was an advance booking and therefore ‘Non-Refundable’ ...Is an advance booking not really the only way to secure a hotel room??,

They cited they were also being adversely being affected by cancellations over the previous 48 Hrs due to the weather but I fail to see how if these are advance bookings ...As they don’t refund!!

I had heard good things about this property and was willing to stay but with their intransigence on even offering say half our money back as a goodwill gesture given the very extenuating circumstances weather-wise -
I certainly wouldn’t book again or recommend them.

Disappointing!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ST-RFC151266
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect for a cheap weekend hotel,the full breakfast is good ,mclays is very good value for money, a few bars and restaurants at the end of the road but quite a walk to the shopping centre ,would recommend

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Mclays guest house for the weekend! Located at the top of a very steep hill, but central to everything! Friendly staff, 1 lady in particular, lovely breakfast, but rooms need updated! Got home & discovered I’d left some clothing behindcontacted McLays, who said they’d post my belongings if I gave card details, which I did several phone calls later, I’m still waiting!! Very disappointed as I would have stayed there again on my next trip to Glasgow!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were all very helpful. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The common area (mostly just the hallways) were not as clean, but they definitely were not so bad that it was concerning. We particularly enjoyed the breakfast and were surprised with the number of options available. We had a little bit of difficulty finding the property, but once we found it, we really didn't have much of anything to complain about, especially for the value.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I was booked into here on a business trip by my office. Wasn't sure what to think, but in the end I was delighted. It has clearly been recently renovated to a very high standard; the rooms are clean, light, attractive, comfortable; the ensuite bathroom and shower are immaculate; there are nice touches like a tub of Pringles in the room to nibble, and proper shampoo, shower gel and soap in the bathroom; the breakfast is substantial and included in the (low) price; and above all the staff are friendly and bright. Overall, a FAR better choice than the IBIS/Premier etc business hotels I normally have to use. No bar on-site, but it's just up from Sauchiehall Street, so that is hardly a problem...I recommend it highly and I will be staying there again when next I have business in Glasgow.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business