“Nice place”

The Baby Grand
Ranked #175 of 2,667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Scottish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Piano bar and restaurant, breakfast until 12pm ( later at the weekends) lunch deals until 4pm, a la carte and tapas dishes served all day. Fully licensed with a great selection of specialist gins as well as local craft beers and wines form around the world. Pianist plays every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was down with some friends staying in the Premier Inn, and as this place is the first thing you see from the hotel entrance, I popped in a few times for coffee and snacks/cake, with a couple of early evening drinks as well. I really like it. You could transport it to the middle of Barcelona and it wouldn't be out of place. Add to that pleasant staff and reasonable prices and you might wander about a fair bit and only find worse!

1  Thank Mouse8459

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely night at the Baby Grand, it was a birthday/hen party dinner, we ate from the pre theatre menu, and everyone commented on how lovely the food was, the rotisserie chicken was succulent and tasty, and those who had the steak said it was cooked to perfection. Even the 2 kids in our party said it was the best minestrone soup ever.
The restaurant is spacious and bright , we had reserved the left had side area, which had music playing giving place a good vibe, they also have a lovely atmosphere with the baby piano playing in the main restaurant.
I would recommend you give this restaurant a try, even for a lunch as the lentil soup is also amazing. Staff couldn’t do enough and were all very nice and attentive.

2  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 1 September 2018

An excellent bar/restaurant in the heart of Glasgow. It was my pleasure to enjoy an excellent meal and a couple of quiet drinks with my wife in this quirky little Glasgow bar. The food was great, the staff were excellent and the ambiance was very nice. The quiet piano in the corner was an added bonus. I would recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank noels735
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight in Glasgow came across this Restuarant, we had a whole rotisserie chicken with Shoestring chips, dry roasted veggies, coleslaw and a salad. Could not fault this meal it was the best meal we had had since our arrival from Australia 2weeks ago. Staff were very friendly and the piano man was brilliant, not too loud but enough so you could hear him playing in the background. Loved this place and would highly recommend it to all.

1  Thank GlynisSchubert
Reviewed 30 August 2018

My daughter and I went to the Baby Grand for a meal as they are serving Jewish Dishes - we ordered the Matzo Ball Soup which was £5.00 per serving - my plate of soup contained a piece of a Matzo Ball, lots of carrots and lots of cabbage - Matzo Ball soup is meant to be: Matzo Balls, chicken and a little bit of carrot - very disappointed

1  Thank Stay725211