Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
USD 100*
Agoda.com
USD 111*
  • Bar/Lounge
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
USD 93*
USD 281*
USD 110*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
USD 116*
USD 106*
USD 124*
USD 114*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
USD 70*
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
USD 119*
USD 111*
Agoda.com
USD 113*
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,532 results
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathwhisky roombose sound systemstained glass windowsmonsoon showerwest endnespresso machinedeep bathclassic roomluxury hotelbeautiful hotelgreat western roadhuge bathroombeautiful roombyres roadbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel experience would be hard to match anywhere in Glasgow, we had a lovely stay at the Hotel Du Van. The room was luxurious with its four post bed, comfy soft furnishings, stand alone bath with TV in a huge bathroom. The staff were very friendly and attentive at all times, making us feel welcome and part of the whole Du Van experience. Food ? " Well what can i say ?" The food was delightfull, in taste and in presentation. My only complaint is there wasn't more of it. I was still hungry after the three courses i had. I am a man who likes qualitycuisine, but i also have a decent appetite. This wasn't satisfied here im afraid, other than that i was pleased with the attention to detail they provided. I would love to stay here again and maybe have a later lunch next time.

Room Tip: I really dont think there would be a bad room in the Hotel Du Van, i would ask if there is a function on, as we had a bit of disturbance with kids running about in the corridor during a wedding in the last house,, the second night we stayed. Other than that the room was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sylvanus
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before. But it just gets better. We are now getting the same room which we love. The lovely man at the door got cones out to save a parking space for me after I went away for a meeting. Brilliant. It is so peaceful . We love it. Always stay there in Glasgow.

Room Tip: If you want a bath, ask for one. I was put in a smaller room once which was great. They don't have really small rooms but it only had a shower, even if it was a great one. We love a big bath.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Samploc
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed six nights at this lovely hotel. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet, peaceful facility would recommend without any reservations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ALLANBoston
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was a bit reluctant to book this hotel because it's not in the downtown but I'm so glad I stayed here. The place is charming; the neighbourhood--near the botanical gardens--is just great. I did a bit more walking and cabbing than I would have if I had stayed closer to the downtown, but I have a completely different view of Glasgow because I stayed here. My Glasgow is green, leafy, spacious and open. I wonder how many tourists staying at other hotels come away with that same impression.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Where to start?
I used this hotel for business purposes in April 2012 so I could attend a function in Erskine. I travel extensively with my job and stay in plenty of hotels but this one is probably the best ever.
So, on arrival I was greeted by the most friendly and helpful staff one could wish for. Everything was ready, no delays and there's even a dram of rather good malt whisky to help one relax, for free as well. Always a good price !
The hotel is 5 or 6 wonderful Victorian terrace houses all joined through, so if architecture is your thing then this place will really impress. Of course, being this vintage and quality brings the benefits of thick walls which are very soundproof so a good night's sleep is pretty much guaranteed.
The room I stayed in was fantastic. A very large, comfortable bed, easy chair, a decent TV with a Bose surround sound system. There was also Nespresso coffee machine and a B&W IPOD dock. The bathroom was beautifully furnished with a retro style roll top free-standing bath, a very nice shower and some quality complimentary toiletries.
Free wireless internet is a nice touch if you have to work as I do, it doesn't cost much to provide but it generates so much good feeling. More hotels should follow this example.
The restaurant & bar are something to experience as well. To be honest, if you stay here and don't experience the food then you are missing out. This place ought to have at least 2 Michelin stars, seriously !! OK, I'm no food critic but this is about as good as it gets. And then there's the bar, with a list of Whiskies larger than a telephone directory. If you like whisky and cigars then this place is akin to Heaven.
Price was reasonable although I was on expenses. It's not exactly cheap but the whole experience was well worth every penny.
Would I return? Definitely. This is definitely one to keep a note of.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business