“Fantastic”

Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

When I stayed at the Hotel du Vin, Glasgow I was waiting for something to go wrong.

The whole place is just fantastic, the suite we stayed in was massive. The supply you with a golf putter and balls to keep you occupied but with the size of the room you could easily have use a driver.

The beds are huge and give a great night sleep, we had dinner in our room and to have a table brought up and set up was of no issue whatsoever. Service was great and the bar downstairs was well stocked and cosy with the fire on during the winter evening.

The best place in the room was the bathroom, with a great rain forest shower and great bath with a tv in the wall and my favourite touch of all was the heated flooring.

Its easy to see why Hotel du vin is the rich and famous first choice to stay when in Glasgow.

You must give this a try and the you will see where all other hotels are going wrong.

Room Tip: You must stay in a suite to get the whole Hotel du vin experience.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GRP01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Ayrshire
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel experience would be hard to match anywhere in Glasgow, we had a lovely stay at the Hotel Du Van. The room was luxurious with its four post bed, comfy soft furnishings, stand alone bath with TV in a huge bathroom. The staff were very friendly and attentive at all times, making us feel welcome and part of the whole Du Van experience. Food ? " Well what can i say ?" The food was delightfull, in taste and in presentation. My only complaint is there wasn't more of it. I was still hungry after the three courses i had. I am a man who likes qualitycuisine, but i also have a decent appetite. This wasn't satisfied here im afraid, other than that i was pleased with the attention to detail they provided. I would love to stay here again and maybe have a later lunch next time.

Room Tip: I really dont think there would be a bad room in the Hotel Du Van, i would ask if there is a functio...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sylvanus
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before. But it just gets better. We are now getting the same room which we love. The lovely man at the door got cones out to save a parking space for me after I went away for a meeting. Brilliant. It is so peaceful . We love it. Always stay there in Glasgow.

Room Tip: If you want a bath, ask for one. I was put in a smaller room once which was great. They don't h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Samploc
BOSTON
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed six nights at this lovely hotel. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet, peaceful facility would recommend without any reservations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ALLANBoston
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was a bit reluctant to book this hotel because it's not in the downtown but I'm so glad I stayed here. The place is charming; the neighbourhood--near the botanical gardens--is just great. I did a bit more walking and cabbing than I would have if I had stayed closer to the downtown, but I have a completely different view of Glasgow because I stayed here. My Glasgow is green, leafy, spacious and open. I wonder how many tourists staying at other hotels come away with that same impression.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family