“Superb tapas”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Visited with wife and sister in law off the cuff. Perfect table set out of way in a comfortable booth setting. Only complaint is the seats are a bit low.
Went for the tapas and shared 6 between us, the black pudding and duck is superb, the pork rashers are tasty and not too fatty, however I like my rashers to be fatty. None of the dishes disappointed.
None of us are pudding people but we went for the amaretto ice cream with espresso and a shot of liquor. WOW.

Would recommend this restaurant for any occasion and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Visited with a pal for the 5pm deal of £13.95 for 3 tapas, dessert and glass of prosecco or Sangria. All dishes were very tasty - we had spaghetti Bol, lasagne, pasta with creamy mushroom sauce, small pepperoni pizza, fried rice balls and fried potatoes in Tom sauce. Also had a small garlic bread (extra) We both had ice cream for dessert- only ice cream/tiramisu or dough fingers? as choice. The prosecco was lovely but could have been colder. Friend was not keen on Sangria but I thought it was quite nice. (Probably too sweet for her as she had been drinking beer)
The service was good but a little rushed - everything came super fast! Atmosphere was good as it was a gorgeous night and doors were opened onto Byres Rd. Not quite Italy but a lovely holiday feel!! What the sun can do! Would return but there are so many good Italians on Byres Rd! Spoilt for choice!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

As usual high quality tasty food great service favourite Italian restaurant in Glasgow my 8 year old loves the pizza

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

So many Italian restaurants are bland and samey, this one had real character. Authentic, staff are Italian, very helpful and well informed waiter Luca told us what the best thing on the menu was and he wasn't wrong. Would strongly recommend!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I like the idea of tapas style food from different cuisines, it certainly helps with those often difficult menu choices. We went for the early bird 3 for £7.99 deal which is a good value offering for a Sunday evening. I chose arrancini, pizzette (small pizza) and chicken wings with garlic mayo. The food is ok without being spectacular, certainly edible. Everything was well cooked and tasted good but I can't help but feel it all lacked a bit of flavour, nothing stood out.

We had the dough sticks for dessert which are absolutely the best thing about this place. Well cooked, slightly crispy dough sticks to dip in a perfectly thick chocolate sauce. Beautiful.

Service was excellent, very quick and the staff are really polite and friendly. Front of house manager seated us and seemed to care about us as a customer which is always nice to see.

Overall I would return as a cheap place to eat, but it's certainly not my favourite place.