6,035 results
All reviews citizen m mood lighting free movies remote control mood pad funky hotel high tech wall to wall rooms are small touch screen self service huge bed rain shower frosted glass city view storage space amazing hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The check-in procedure is not user-friendly, since it is required for accepting credit card prepayment only. No cash prepayment is accepted, in which the check-in ambassador was impolite and unhelpful to inform me that I must use my credit card for prepayment, but the credit card readers cannot verify my credit cards for settling accommodation prepayment. Eventually, the check-in ambassador told me that I should use my Hong Kong based mobile phone SIM card to receive SMS security verification code from my Hong Kong’s card issue bank to settle prepayment, but I was forced to enable my mobile phone SIM card data roaming services with additional cost to receive SMS verification code and to prepay the accommodation. To be honest, the check-in procedure was not user-friendly at all.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amanda R, General Manager at citizenM Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am very sorry our automated payment system caused you frustration. It is designed to do the opposite so it is disappointing to hear. We do not accept cash but this means check in is a fast process and there is no need for guarantees. It also means all guests can easily charge items to their rooms. It sounds like the type of card was maybe the issue and I hope we managed to solve it for you quickly.

Kind Regards
Amanda

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is in a great location just off Sauchiehall Street. Rooms are modern, bright and a fair size but not huge. There is a large drencher shower head and a huge comfortable bed.and a large TV. Everything is controlled by your I-pad - all very mod but convenient. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Go check it out.

Room Tip: High rooms offer better views over the city
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our second visit an we love it. Its quirky modern clean and ideally situated the rooms functions are all operated by an ipad which is cool plenty films and tvs to keep u entertained food n drink 24 hrs what more could u ask for??

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A bit different but ideal for our 1 night stay. Staff couldn’t have been more helpful and pleasant. Great location and great value. Returning next month for our next Citizen M experience Returning next month for another night

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

wow not my cup of tea... no tea coffee/kettle in rooms , which to me was what we thought would be a must but maybe we 40 odd year olds are maybe getting too fussy.

Rooms are way too small and felt shut in a pod. Ipad was a hit or a miss and had a mind of its own. Noisy blinds would go up n down when ipad wasnt been touched.

No proper wardrobe space and we asked about an iron and were told they were at the end of each corridor. Ok went hunting to open a door to it having been pulled off wall and not been replaced. Asked staff who replied "oh we had a big fight with a group of lads 2 weeks ago on your floor (floor 7) and the iron was yanked off wall and then he laughed an said we havent got round to fixing it but just go down to any other floor and use their iron...emmm no thanks

Great location for shops n bars. Had lovely food n drink in Molly Malones Irish Pub (which is just round corner from hotel).

No parking at hotel but car park couple of streets away which was reasonable at £22 for 26 hrs parking.

Sorry wont be back or would i recommend this hotel to any as very over priced for what you get. To pay £90+ for one night stay but you have to buy any tea coffee/food on the first floor. Its a rip off.

But Kevin Bridges was excellent and value for money!!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear we were not your 'cup of tea' and I would like to apologise for the lack of iron on your floor. This has been replaced now. I am also concerned to hear the technology was causing you problems. The ambassadors are always on hand to solve any issues and I am sorry we could not do that for you. If ever you decide to return, please let us know and we can show you all the great qualities of citizenM and hopefully make it up to you.

Kind Regards