“Best oysters In glasgow ”
Review of Oyster Bar

Oyster Bar
Ranked #666 of 2,682 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 41 - USD 163
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We thought this was just a small cafe down alley off main square....no small cafe three separate eating areas outside, inside booths in bar area and a reasturant further along the room....Art Deco style sets the mood for some great food and service...oysters were fresh and delicious would recommend trying the ginger and lime sauce with them...staff were very happy to serve husband his main from the restaurant menu as we sat in booth in bar area and what he wanted was not on this menu....all food was delicious....will definitely be going back next time in Glasgow.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Visited Oyster Bar on Sunday early evening for the first time with my husband. The bar was very busy but we managed to secure a table for 2 near the restaurant. We had a 5pm voucher (cost £9) which entitled us to 2 cocktails,olives and nibbles. There were 6 cocktails to choose from the menu which were normally priced from £6.75 to £7.25, I chose a Flirtini and a blueberry based one. My husbands ordered a beer which came quickly with a good portions worth of nibbles and around 5 minutes later I got my cocktails which were pretty and tasted really good. Overall a great visit to this lovely bar with nice drinks and pleasant staff. We enjoyed it so much we've booked dinner in the restaurant next week.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Cheese and wine gift voucher bought for a birthday, used early afteroon in very pleasant surroundings, lovely, friendly, efficient staff.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

I had hopes of Rogano for a classy supper but I was let down on three grounds. First, there was no cayenne pepper anywhere to go with my plate of smoked salmon. Secondly no alsatian wine was available by the glass or half bottle out of a modest range. Finally although I had enquired in advance about a cigar bar for after dinner, the heated outdoor area closed at 10 - before I had finished eating.
The last I gather was a local authority measure about which locals might have known. If so, the local authority needs a shake-up too.
Happy memories were not entirely dispelled. The salmon was OK,extra bread came without demur and the chablis was good - even though the end of one bottle was united with the next. The staff were as helpful as they could be.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Visiting this bar is like stepping back to a time of art deco. Really chilled bar area and good formal dining