Blythswood Square
  • Pool
Newton Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Breakfast included
2,919 results
All reviewsthermal experiencemarble bathroomharris tweedmarket menucocktail barspa facilitiesbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelhotel guestsbirthday treatporridgefull scottish breakfastcooked breakfastfollowing morningan overnight staycity centre
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My favourite hotel in the United Kingdom with a spa in the basement to die for. Everything about this hotel is stylish and sophisticated. It’s central location is fabulous for a night out in this great city. The breakfasts are a dream and I look forward to booking on courses in Glasgow just for the stay at Blythswood Square! 10/10

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Murray T, General Manager at Blythswood Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Bobby A,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent visit to Blythswood Square.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Spa and the general atmosphere in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Glasgow!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Spent two nights in Blythswood Square Hotel. Very relaxing. Lovely spa. Massage treatment was bliss. Staff excellent. Made to feel personally very welcome, especially by Concierge David (thank you)
Food excellent. Would highly recommend a stay here

Dear cas88ca,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Blythswood Square.

I am pleased you enjoyed your two nights with us and found your stay to be relaxing.

I have passed your lovely comments onto the team, and David in particular.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We had a fabulous time here in the summer for my daughter's graduation meal, so when I was looking for a wee luxury break to celebrate hubbies birthday this was our first choice. Got a good deal via the hotel website for bed, breakfast and £30 each towards the a la carte menu. We also booked a Rhassoul (hot mud) experience for two in the spa, they gave us a great discount on this as we were residents, also getting a treatment meant we could use the thermal experience earlier, this was just so relaxing, was in it for a couple of hours and only saw two other people. Every part of the hotel, the spa, the restaurant and the room were spotless and very luxurious, the staff are all lovely and very friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Before dinner we visited the Salon for our complementary glasses of fizz and bar snacks, dinner itself was very tasty and very good value, we both had starters, mains (hubbie had a steak) and desserts with a lovely bottle of red and I was surprised at the little amount we had to pay over the amount we had been allocated on the deal! Coffee in the Salon rounded off a fabulous day.
The room we had was on the 1st floor with a view of the back courtyard, not a great view but it gets dark just after lunchtime just now it didn't matter as the curtains were closed, it did however make it a very quiet room, didn't hear a peep all night!
Breakfast the following morning was a vegetarian (me) delight! I'm usually given a croissant and a coffee but here I had soo much choice, I was up and down to the buffet a lot! Porridge with loads of accompaniments, even whisky! Lots of fresh fruit, cheese, pastries.................. and they don't charge extra if you want a barista coffee instead of the usual black pot on the table.
Safe to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone and we will be back, again!

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for a low floor at the back

Dear Purplelinky,

Thank you for your glowing review of Blythswood Square!

I am delighted to read that your Daughter Graduation Meal encouraged you to stay over night for your Husbands Birthday and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your lovely comments on to all of the team at the hotel and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back - maybe for your birthday next time?

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We have stayed at the Blythswood a few times and have never had anything bad to say about it before now. The rooms are lovely, the spa is very relaxing and luxurious, staff have always been attentive and the food (particularly the breakfast) never disappoints. The bar is great, and the staff in the restaurant and bar are always fantastic. Because of this we chose to stay here to celebrate mine and my husbands anniversary as well as his birthday. I had emailed twice to ask if there was anything extra i could arrange and pay for ahead of my husbands birthday as a surprise, and go no response which was very disappointing, even after a follow-up email.
The room was nice but the lighting was very dark and scaffolding was right outside our window. The toilet sliding door was also non- existent.
We had booked under applause which should allow access to various benefits. We were slightly disappointed with this service as upon check in nobody mentioned any of the benefits or what was available to us, we also had to phone to check we were entitled to the late check out and we were not told of any quick check out or how to do this so we checked out as normal.
We normally love staying in the Blythswood and it is always our first choice when in Glasgow, so we were disappointed that a stay which should have been special for us was slightly tainted by the above on this occasion.

Dear Laud1857,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

I pleased that you have enjoyed your previous stays with us here at Blythswood Square however disappointed that on this occasion that not every aspect of your stay was as it should have been.

If you would like to discuss this please do contact me on murray.thomson@blythswoodsquare.com

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My Boyfriend couldn't have picked a better place to stay for my birthday treat! Upgraded to a suite for no other reason other than our room was still being cleaned and we were polite to the staff. Can't believe that people can be so rude to the staff that work so hard!! Having manners definitely goes in your favor especially when the staff are on their feet all day looking after all their customers. Spa was brilliant and the Suite was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have asked for anything more. We didn't eat at the restaurant, which I regret massively however, we will the next time we stay!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Chloe H,

Thank you for your lovely comments of your recent Birthday Treat.

I am pleased to read that all of our team looked after you well and that you appreciated the upgrade that you received on arrival.

Hopefully on your next visit we will have the pleasure of having you dine with us also.