I've just stayed at Blythswood for the second time in 2 years and while my second stay did not quite have the high standards of the first, I would likely go back again. I chose it because I was in town to attend the Glasgow Film Festival and it's location is close by the GFT.
The hotel has a classic style with modern twists to it, very beautiful, with a friendly door man to greet you and service at the front desk is always professional. The rooms are spotless and again very stylish. Although, the lighting throughout is terrible - dim and sometimes not in the most functional location. There was almost constant noise coming from the bathroom. Couldn't quite tell if it was water sounds from other rooms or some kind of ventilation. At some moments it was bothersome.
There appear to be a lot of new additions since my last visit, as the part of the hotel I stayed in this time did not have the same (classic) took to it as what I remembered. There is also a spa introduced (free to guests in the early morning and late evening hours) but I did not get the opportunity to use it.
My only disappointments this time were with some of the service. I was pleased when they offered a newspaper for the morning but there was no mention whatsoever that I'd be charged for it. Considering that it was a local paper this just seems wrong to charge. And we received some wrong orders in our breakfast 2 days in a row. Apparently some items were out and instead of informing us they just brought something else without notice or question. Unfortunately they were items we couldn't eat. And we were delivered completely empty coffee and tea pots, regular milk when we ordered soy, and other small errors.
On the upside, when we went to the lounge, service was fantastic and there is a pretty impressive cocktail menu. Try the Blythswood Cocktail! Food was also very good and, in comparison to what I've seen in other hotels, still reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blythswood Square is more than a hotel and is an exciting addition to Glasgow's city centre. Not only does it have 100 stunning guest rooms but it also houses an amazing spa, restaurant, salon bar and private event areas, a true 5 star proposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Blythswood Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blythswood Square Hotel Glasgow
- Blythswood Square Glasgow, Scotland