“Fabulous Sunday Lunch”

Price range: USD 13 - USD 26
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Relaxed, sophisticated dining that moves effortlessly from day to night. Our all-day menu features plats du jour with a comfortingly, nostalgic nod and time-honoured classics. Generosity and value are at the heart of what we do; Sunday lunch is overflowing with trimmings, our classic dishes features plentiful sides and every cocktail comes with something to nibble on. Join us for brunch, lunch, dinner and cocktails - try crushed avocado and poached egg on sourdough toast for brunch, enjoy a lazy lunchtime spent over French onion soup or an evening dedicated to delicious moules-frites and late night cocktails...
Reviewed 1 October 2018

12 of us booked for Sunday lunch through 5pm. The deal was 24 pounds for a one course lunch with a bottle of wine between two. We were all amazed at how much food there was. There was a choice of roast beef or roast pork and a veggie option (sorry no vegetarians amongst us so can't remember what it was). The meat came with all the trimmings - roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, green beans, peas with onions, cauliflower cheese and either apple or horseradish sauce. There was plenty for everybody and we were sorry not to be able to finish all the veg. The food was served on hot plates which is something I personally appreciate.

davidmclaug, General Manager at Brasserie Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Marion,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I was delighted to read that you had a fabulous lunch with us. We really do hope to see you again soon.

David & team.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Dinner date with friends, we are from the set menu and all six dishes were delicious. The food was very tasty and cooked perfectly and the service was also very good. We had a lovely evening finished off with some excellent cocktails.

LauraB14217, Manager at Brasserie Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear June B,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in Brasserie Abode.

I'll be sure to pass your compliments to the Brasserie team and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Visited for late lunch as had a voucher. Was very quiet so service pretty personal and excellent...friendly and very considerate. Delicious food presented really well. 2 courses for £15 was very good value. Good sized portions too.

Laura B, Manager at Brasserie Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Hi Irene C,

Thank you for coming in to try the Brasserie and taking the time to leave a review of your meal. I hope now you've tried us you'll visit us again for dinner or lunch.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We had the seafood platter which I can honestly say was spectacular.. Excellent choice and gorgeous warm bread to accompany.. We will definitely be back fir this treat again.. Thanks all

Laura B, Manager at Brasserie Abode, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi georginar995,

I'm delighted you enjoyed your Seafood platter. The team and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Brasserie.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Booked through 5 pm and although deal was for 2 we phoned and e mailed to say there would be 3 people. That was fine and we were happy to pay for third person on the day. On arrival we were greeted with dismay as there were 3 of us and told there was no possibility of the chef being able to do another afternoon tea as he prepared it all in morning! Oh right? Well the brown bread had certainly been sitting out since the morning! Stale and my friend sent hers back. The poor 3 rd member of our party had to pick food from main menu. It was nonsense. The place was empty all the time we were there! Chef must have been sitting with his feet up in kitchen! He managed to put some of the dainties on our third members plate at the end so why could he not have produced 1 more sandwich
( fresh) and provided an afternoon tea? Poor show! Won't be back or recommending to anyone else !

Dear goodiefoodie2016,

I'm sorry to read that you were so disappointed. The manager on duty that day was under the impression that despite the confusion in regards to the booking you left happy with the service and food provided.

I would be delighted if I could speak to you directly with regards to the email that was sent so I can investigate whom you spoke and emailed regarding the number of diners in the party and to see if I can invite you back in the future.

My email address is operationsmanager@abodeglasgow.co.uk