“Great pizza”
Review of Paesano

Paesano
Ranked #76 of 2,680 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This hippish place in an old bank building serves excellent quality napolitan pizza's with very fresh ingredients from a traditional oven. They are slightly soft crusted but offer a good bite. Side dishes on offer are excellent. Try the burrata or balsamic onions. Prices are very reasonable, service is quick and efficient. It's not a good place for extended romantic dinners, but prices are very good and quality is high. You can't make reservations, so you may have to wsit some time for a table.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I've been to Paesano many times and the pizza is always fantastic! The service is quick and friendly. The pizzas are ready very quickly and are always just as delicious! It is seriously the best pizza in Glasgow and is well known for being so. It is also great for takeaway, especially because the service is so fast. The price is quite cheap also. You'll find it is way cheaper than any of the standard takeaway pizza options but the quality is much better too!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Love this place! Delicious pizza and so cheap! Simple concept of only pizza and a couple of side to choose from but great! only thing I would suggest is having Aperol Spritz to wash down the pizza!!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Had been wanting to try this place for ages.
I went in at 2.30 on Saturday afternoon and got the last table for one. It was buzzing.
As I was driving I ordered a cappuccino (£2.00) which came quickly.
They only do pizzas so if you wanted pasta this is not for you.
I ordered the Melanzane Pizza (£7.00) which was topped with chunks of aubergine. The waitress had advised me this did not have mozzarella cheese on it but was instead sprinkled with Parmesan cheese although I could have the mozzarella if I wished. I decided to stick with the Parmesan. This would be good if you are watching the calories!
A card on the table gave a brief insight into the dough used for the base and how it was cooked which was interesting.
I love olives but was not sure what Cerignola Verdi ones were but again a helpful waitress told me they were large green olives served in olive oil so I ordered them too.(£2.50) When the came they were big,very green and delicious.
The pizza arrived and it looked fab. The crust was indeed charred which I like and the topping plentiful.The base is sourdough which gives it a lovely chewy texture.
I had intended only to eat half of the pizza and take the rest home for my supper but it was so good I just kept on eating.
There is a large bottle of chilli oil on the table for you to dip the crust in or pour over the pizza.
It was the best pizza I have tasted and have already picked out the next one I want to try on my next visit.
Children can have any of the pizzas in a smaller size I overheard a waitress tell a family sitting next to me.
Total bill was £11.50.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I don't tend to eat in the same restaurant twice if I had a choice, but this place I chose to go again and again. I have been to both branches and both places have a good atmosphere. I always go for the vegetarian option and always tasty and not over priced.