“Spain comes to Glasgow and it's not tapas ...”

The Spanish Butcher
Ranked #151 of 2,667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 16 - USD 44
Description: Located at 80 miller street, in the heart of glasgow's merchant city, the spanish butcher serves the finest grades of galician beef, the most premium iberican jamon and the freshest of seafood, combining spanish and mediterranean inspired flavours. Set within chic, modern new york loft style interiors, the spanish butcher delivers quintessential style along with the most vibrant cuisine.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Specialising in Meat , Galician steaks , they will bring the cuts to you to enable selection.
We opted for Presa Pork , enough for 3 people .
Flavours and cooking very good ,succulent flavours
Service was excellent informative and personal recommendations were very good .if you like Spanish Priorat , wine ...they have a good selection .
Atmosphere and style akin to a New York style restaurant .

Good bar , separate areas for private parties .

Highly recommended .

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Went with friends..friendly knowledgeable staff..shown steak board..cooked perfectly..
Continues water offered..great Spanish food..would highly recommend..thinking of trying lunch menu..next time..looking forward to going back soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

From start to finish we had an amazing evening with fabulous food and the best of service. We had booked a table of 8 and the only time available was for 6.15. We had thought that perhaps the atmosphere wouldn't be as good given the early dining time but we were very pleasantly surprised. There was a real buzz about the place and we relaxed straight away, it seemed that we just knew we were going to have a good experience. The quality of our food was superb and I could easily go back again and again. Glasgow is always our 'city fix' and there's a lot of choice out there but this restaurant has it all for me, well done to all concerned!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Saltiest meal I have ever tasted. Lovely restaurant, very nice staff, limited menu, undercooked veg with a delicious but over-seasoned steak. Chips with so much salt added they were inedible. Dessert was average. Expected much more, especially for the price tag. Told the waiter about the food being too salty to eat and all he said was ‘I’ll let the kitchen know’. Really disappointed and couldn’t recommend the place to anyone on the standard of food alone. Won’t be back, unfortunately.

1  Thank nonyshaw
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Firstly the restaurant is so dark you won’t be able to see your partner across the table.
My Secreto pork was severely undercooked - was meant to be medium but was very rare - so rare is was inedible - I would still be chewing it days later if I continued to eat it.
I mentioned it to the waiter who agreed. After speaking to the manager they agreed to give us a free sweet; but reflecting on this the next day it seems strange to give me a couple of Irish coffees on the house but still charge me £18 for my main course - surely something you can’t
eat should just be removed from your bill ?
My office has booked here for our Christmas night out but not looking forward to going back!

5  Thank Andrew C