1,109 results
All reviewscocktail barcity centrewest endstreet parkinglovely hotelkelvingrove museumsauchiehall streetbooked this hotelwould stay againsse hydrohotel barone night stayreception areabars and restaurantsbilberrydbbconcert
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for an overnight in the hotel on Saturday, 3rd March. On arrival, the staff were friendly on sight and this theme continued throughout. The hotel itself is comfortable and welcoming although I feel the rooms and are a little dated. This hotel is very central to the City Centre and ideal if you have a night out in the West End or a gig at Kelvingrove Bandstand. My only negatives I would say is, housekeeping knock on your door every 10/15 minutes to let you know in the nicest possible way that they’re waiting to get in. Also, we went down for breakfast on Sunday morning at 10am and there was next to no food left and what was left was cold and nearly every table was littered in dirty plates. We struggled to find a clean table we could sit at. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and we will return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jacqui D, Front Office Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hi JillSharp1,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are in a great location for concerts and the city centre definitely.
I am disappointed to read your negatives and I will pass on all comments made to the relevant departments and I do apologise for that.

See you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We managed to get a room on the 28th Feb when our morning flight from Glasgow was cancelled. The staff were so accomodating and helpful. We tried to fly out AGAIN and get a train the next day but both were cancelled. The hotel advised they would keep our rooms open until they found out whether we had managed to get away. We then tried to fly out Friday and they kept the rooms on hold for us again until we confirmed that our flight had actually taken off over 6 hours late. Tom the General Manager provided exceptional customer service as did Louise (front desk) and Graham (Bar). Both my colleague and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel... AMAZING SERVICE!!! The owner of the hotel needs to know what a great team they have working for them.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ZoeHindle

Hi ZoeHindle,

Thank you for your 5-star review! I am delighted to read we were able to accommodate you during the snowy weather. Thank you for all of your kind comments I will be sure to pass them all on to the team.

It would be nice to see you again soon – with better weather I hope!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Absolutely fantastic location for an event. We had a party for family and friends to meet our new baby niece in the function suite. Staff were incredible from start to finish. The food was lovely and supplied by Bukhara restaurant within the hotel which we are regulars at. I would highly recommend this hotel for food, a great night's stay and function hire!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Jacqui D, Front Office Manager at Lorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi Sabeyaali,

Thank you for your 5-star review! I am delighted to read you had fun at your party in our function suite. Thank you for all of your lovely comments!

See you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight and ate in the bird and belltree which was delicious, food was great. Room was comfortable and clean. Unfortunately the big let down was breakfast. The set up is help yourself to continental breakfast and order the hot breakfast. We placed our order at 0905hrs, order was nothing fancy...simply a full Scottish breakfast. At 0945hrs they started filling up a buffet cart and told guests who came in after us to help themselves. I queried with staff several times regarding the delay and no one came back to us. At 1030hrs when breakfast closed, staff went to the buffet cart with two plates and dished up our breakfast. 2 items were missing from the order.

This may seem trivial but for me a big let down in service and attention to guests concerns.

Not a Hotel I will be returning to.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear dwilsoj,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice meal in our Scottish restaurant. I am disappointed to read your experience at breakfast and I do apologise you were waiting all that time for your food. I would like for you to return to stay with us in the future as this is not a common occurrence for breakfast.

We hope you do decide to come back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Visited in February, supposedly for 1 night but, so far, staying 2! Hotel is a little tired but the staff more than make up for it. My flight out was cancelled and they couldn’t be more helpful, looking to see if there were airport hotels available, booking taxis etc.. turns out I stayed out! As the whole of Glasgow was on hold that night, it was busy to say the least but the staff were friendly and calm. Restaurant was very busy and when crisps turned out to be the only quick snack available, Graham the bar man went and get some popadoms and dips from the closed in house Indian restaurant! First class service!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear abbotty,

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to accommodate you throughout the bad weather last week. Thank you for all of your kind words I will pass on all comments made. See you again soon; hopefully the weather is better on your next visit!