“PLEASE do not even consider these apartments”

The B Suites Glasgow City Centre
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I would rate this zero of there was the option! Check my other reviews, I am a very fair reviewer.

Where to start? Please check out my photos as they say it all. In fact, I am so appalled at these 'Award Winning Luxury apartments' that I am taking this up with Glasgow City Council, as I would hate for people to visit Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games and end up in this dump.

Ok, so we arrived and were given the key to apartment 512, on the 5th floor. I went in and had a look around and went straight back down to the bar next door where I had retrieved my key. The young barman didn't look shocked by my return, and said he would fetch the manager.

I had my camera with me and said I could show her pics I had taken, but she insisted on coming up to my apartment to see it. I told her it was beyond filthy.

So, where to begin...I couldn't see out of the windows properly, they were actually that filthy. The bed had torn plastic sheeting draped over the divan which looked awful, but was hiding dampness and water (or urine) staining which was all around the base. The headboard was stained and filthy, the wardrobes were both damaged and the mirrors on them were filthy. The cooker was disgusting & the toilet was filthy too. the seats around the table were also filthy and supposed to be cream coloured. Please see the pics...

The manageress said she would get a cleaner back in to clean the toilet and the cooker. This however did not in any way make up for the fact that I was expected to sleep on this filthy bed in the really battered and tattered room. I asked to be moved and was told the other apartments were all booked, there were none free!

The cleaner came back and left the toilet clean and had a bash at cleaning the cooker, but everything else was left as you see it in the pics. The bed needed replaces, as did the wardrobes, seats and headboard. This flat will be re-leased looking like this. the windows are still filthy. I even let the manageress know I am a cancer patient, but she never batted an eye...no apology and definitely no offer of my money back.

I wouldn't expect my dog to sleep on this bed in this disgusting room. There is no excuse for this level of misleading the customer. These are NOT luxury apartments, and I endeavour to find out who issued the award they claim to have...and ask the company to remove the award.

I shall pursue this with Glasgow City Council. I am seeking the return of my money in full.

Room Tip: To my knowledge there are no good rooms. Avoid ours, room 512, and room 502 (the door to this one ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank TrishMcQ73

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I arrived at clock tower on we'd 9 April there was no hot water no bed linen the bed linen arrived 6pm I ask when got water be fix they staff didn't know then I was moved into a apt in town it we'd worse no heating no towels I ask for my money bk they said at clock tower they did not have the boss num I been ringing and ringing them this is the worse place in my life I was treated very badly with staff they did not care all they want is your money never again this is a really bad apt and staff

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Alexindria
Reviewed 19 February 2014

myself and 2 friends were due to stay here on Thursday 20th February (tomorrow) and were told last night that the apartments were closed for maintenance. They also cannot offer us a suitable alternative and their only suggestion was 1 friend stay in 1 apartment block and then the other 2 stay in another apartment block! This is not a suitable alternative at all!!!! After the Manager was particularly and totally unnecessarily rude on the phone we are told that there is nothing that they, or lastminute.com can do. They will refund the money but it will take AT LEAST 3-5 days to get back to us as it is refunded to lastminute and then to us. Again, this is not acceptable! You took the money out of our accounts immediately but cannot do the same in reverse! we didn't cancel on you - you have told us this apartment is closed for maintenance and cannot offer us anything else! So now we are left with having to pay through the roof for last minute and more expensive accommodation and guess what - THEY ARE STILL ADVERTISING FOR THE SAME APARTMENT BLOCK!!!!! We have been told it's closed for maintenance and it's still being advertised! Disgraceful service! I absolutely would never recommend anyone to ever book there! and after reading the recent reviews (which was not the same as when we booked it a few months ago) it appears like the place has gone severely downhill! no wonder it's "closed for maintenance" but it's still being advertised.....

Room Tip: choose a good room???? good luck!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kasia M
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed her 15/02/14 first of all didnt know were to check in when we finally realised it was in the pub next door we were told we had to pay a £300 dep cause we were under 25. Then get in the app and it was boggin dirty dishes holes in the wall towel rail hanging off in bathroom no blind on the window the sofa had hairs all over it and was really dirty. The fire alarm went off at half 2 in the morning because some idiot smashed the alarm. This place is defo not worth the money and i wld not recomend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank michelletighe
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Horrific …

We where booked in here for one night 1/2/2014 2 adults and 2 children. This place really is a biohazard, holes in the walls , broken electrics, empty tampax boxes wrapped up in a stained quilt in a cupboard in one of the rooms. The door had been kicked in at some point and repaired by stuffing the hole with toilet paper. How can this place be marketed as a City apartment - its not suitable for rats never mind humans … AVOID as all costs.

Room Tip: None … Just make sure your tetanus jab us up to date and you have health insurance ….
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family