“Age discrimination”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

At 16.40 on a Thursday afternoon I arrived shortly before a group of friends, we were all having a couple of drinks after our new menu launch ( I work for a large bar and restaurant chain and have 30 years plus license trade expeirience) I ordered my drink and shortly afterwards the girl that served me lent over the bar to inform me that I could purchase drinks for the next 20 mins but after that I would need to leave because there was a student night on. I asked to speak to the manager and she told me she was the manager. I pointed out to her that under the licensing Scotland act she could refuse any one service at the door to the premises but not discriminate by age on who she serves. her reply was I'm sorry I'm only doing my job. I left almost a full drink and left the pub. will never be back, just makes you think what else they discriminate against!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
5  Thank Stephen A

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The place is a good night out when you're allowed in but the bouncers are some of the worst in Glasgow. Can't count the amount of times I've seen people being knocked back from here for no reason and being told that they're too drunk (at 10/11pm) despite being sober. Ruins the place and no wonder the door-staff receive so much criticism.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The girl taking payment on the mowped was the rudest individual I have ever encountered on a night out. She actually rolled her eyes at one point for no reason at all. Not too mention how aggressive she was. This also applies to the female security guard who on a number of occasions I have seen be extremely aggressive with customers. Some of the staff in here forget they are paid to serve people and serve them politely.

Date of visit: January 2018
3  Thank Adventure750609
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Kept waiting outside for ages only to pay to be shoved and pushed in an attempt to reach the bar. This was followed by a further half hour wait for some cheap vodka which I am convinced was in fact gin. I did not purchase any shots as I believe they were very overpriced since the same shots are sold for half the price elsewhere. Despite this I decided to try one of them but the shot girls had vanished and even when I went looking they were nowhere to be seen. They would probably be more use helping the understaffed bar. I felt I was probably one of the oldest there at the age of 20. I was disappointed as I used to enjoy this place in my first year of uni and even more so when I discovered that they no longer sell vodka with passion fruit juice which was my favourite.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Couldn’t recommend this place more. The bouncers are absolutely brand new. 2 young guys called Chris and Chris. I went out and they offered me a tangerine purely out of good will. Most places in Glasgow the bouncers can be jobworths but this place is totally different. Bouncers are fair and easy going friendly guys. Will be back

Date of visit: December 2017