“Authentic ambiance and excellent tapas”
Review of Iberica Glasgow

Iberica Glasgow
Reserve with OpenTable
Iberica Glasgow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 2,667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 16 - USD 33
Description: Located on the corner of St Vincent Street and Hope Street, Ibérica used to be a Royal Bank of Scotland branch. Enjoy a full meal, such as paella alongside our signature tapas, or just nibble while you have a glass of wine by our stunning bar. Cocktail lovers – don’t miss one of G&Ts made with Spanish produced gin. Relax with friends over some tapas, have a romantic meal or a corporate meeting at our private room – always in an authentic Spanish style!
Reviewed 29 September 2017

This was our second visit to Iberica, which is now our first choice for tapas in Glasgow, The staff are very attentive, and the food is fresh, with a wide selection to suit all tastes. The Atmosphere is warm and relaxed and the informal style (your choices are served as they are ready) is just as it would be if you were sitting in a small bodega in Spain. The staff are passionate about the food, and that shows when describing the various dishes. My personal favourite is the twice cooked lamb, however I have enjoyed every choice so far, and looking forward to our return visit to explore the rest of the menu!

ivandelaviuda, General Manager at Iberica Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Stephen C,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
We love being your favorite tapas restaurant in Glasgow!
I have passed your comments onto the team and they cant be happier!
The twice cooked lamb is one of the most popular dishes that we have.
We cant wait to see you back!

Ivan de la Viuda

Reviewed 25 September 2017

On the way to a nearby restaurant our (my wife and me) eyed Iberica which looked absolutely authentic in terms of traditional Spanish decor. Later inside it is stunning.
We popped in for a look and 2 bottles of the freshest crispest Spanish vinos later had us both loving this excellent establishment.
Meeting and talking over regions of Spain with the manager was very enlightening. We learned so much about the north of the country, and has given us impetus to visit and sample Brit tourist free Spain next year.
With Oktoberfest coming up next weekend we though about having. Bavarian rabble with beers and currywurst, but looking at the classic menu of iberica we are going to munch at leisure here next weekend and enjoy the best wines in the world.
Hasta luego Iberica x

1  Thank Petgab12001
ViktorijaIberica, Manager at Iberica Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Good day Petgab12001,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy that visit for a drink ended up informative and eye opening about Spain. Ivan has an amazing knowledge and passion for his work, that's why he does an amazing job as General Manager.

Please come again to visit us and get more information about wines or Spain.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Popped in to Iberico the other day as we were passing, tempted by the sign outside offering free pinchos or "little bites" with every drink. Very Spanish inside with ornate colourful Spanish tiles and dark wood everywhere and we transported back to the many Spanish bars and restaurants we have frequented on holiday.

All Spanish staff who were very friendly and very efficient. I had 2 pints of Mahou and my wife had 2 glasses of really nice red and these were accompanied by little pinchos which included little tortilla like quiche bites and little breaded bites with chorizo inside, which were very welcome as we hadn't eaten and were pretty hungry. The place was pretty quiet but I am sure at night it would be buzzing. A bit disappointed that the background music wasn't Spanish which would have definitely added to the Spanish feel.

I think also that like some other reviewers, the wine is a bit overpriced as a 175ml glass of red cost £6.25 which is the equivalent of just under £9 for a 250ml glass. The Mahou beer at £4.90 was just normal city centre prices and I suppose if you take into account the complimentary pinchos then the drink prices are ok.

All in all, a really relaxing hour spent and I might also add that the bulk of the customers were Spanish which is always a good sign. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town.

Good day Russ676,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to read that you had such a relaxing time having drinks in our restaurant. Pinchos are very traditional in Spain to go with drinks and that's why we are happy you liked them.

Please do come back for more authentic lunch or dinner experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious. Amazing croquettes, the cheeses were delicious and the iberico chorizo was devine, I could go into more detail but I think you get the point. Lovely attentive staff.

1  Thank meganbee09

Good day meganbee09,

Thank you for your review.

Glad you enjoyed your visit at Iberica. The croquettes are truly amazing and one of our most popular signature dishes. The staff always tries their best to provide great service and I'm pleased that they met all your needs.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Have eaten twice in last month, both times really enjoyed the food, service, and vibe.
However the price of the wine needs addressing, too expensive for what is on offer. Friends also commented on this.

Good day allanjay,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy you enjoyed the food and service we provide. Wish you will continue to choose us for various occasions and friends gatherings.

I hope to see you soon.