All reviewsbellahouston parkguest kitchenan art loverburrell collectiondumbreck stationhost johncity centrehome from homesitting roomplace to stayfull scottishattending a weddingminute walkbusy roadbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfasta lovely stay
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed at Glasgow Guesthouse while passing through Glasgow. Sadly we would only be able to enjoy Glasgow for one evening.

Our host was very friendly and welcoming and gave us lots of useful tips to see a glimpse of Glasgow during the limited time we had. He even called a cab for us so we wouldn't waste any time.

The next day we had to leave early to catch our ferry to Arran, but our host made sure our cooked breakfasts were ready in time, so we didn't miss our ferry. Loved the Scottish breakfast, really excellent!

The room was nice and clean with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit small, but big enough to fit in everything we needed. To be honest I would have loved to stay a bit longer, to enjoy the comfy living room and see more of Glasgow. Perhaps next time?

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CarolienBAC
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a place to stay in Glasgow which is home from home, this is the ideal guest house. As a hotel, the standard is excellent both in relation to being spotlessly clean and well furnished and equipped. However, add to this that the proprietor, John, is one of the loveliest, most welcoming and accommodating people you can meet, and that there is access to a comfortable lounge, kitchen and dining area, it really is home from home.
Glasgow Guest House is easy to get to from M77 and M8 motorways. The location is a very quiet and safe residential area which provides a great options for free parking and within taxi distance of the city centre.
We stayed here for a night to visit friends in the West End of Glasgow and felt very well looked after. We can see that it is a perfect base to explore Glasgow and the surrounding area from as staying here for several nights would be ideal. Also, anyone on business for one or more nights would do well to come here as access to the lounge and kitchen areas of the house is so much more preferable than to being in a single hotel room with just being limited to restaurant or room service.
Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chungsongyau
Reviewed 22 July 2017

My friends and I loved this place. The host was so helpful and had such a great sense of humor. Our rooms were immaculate and very reasonably priced and the breakfast was fabulous. I can't say enough about our experience there and would recommend it to anyone visiting Glasgow. We enjoyed being a little out of the city with easy access to everything.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank EvieScissorhands
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely place to stay with friendly staff. The rooms are spacious and beautifully clean. Breakfast is consistently hot and lovingly prepared, served by staff who are like good friends. I will be staying again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Liam H
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I stayed at Glasgow guest house in May/June with my family. This was the second time I had stayed at the guest house, the previous being two years ago when I met up with my sister from Canada whom I had not seen for over ten years (I travelled from Australia), Glasgow is our home town. If I thought the service was amazing two years ago it was second to none this time around, John the owner has a heart of gold. John More than goes out of his way to show true Scottish hospitality and to make sure that your stay is the most enjoyable experience for his guests, nothing, is to much trouble for him. I stayed on an extra week when my husband and daughter flew back to Oz to spend time with my mum. Two days after my husband flew out his mother sadly passed away and he had to turn around and come right back to Glasgow. The empathy, care and compassion that John showed to me in those few dark days can not be put into words. He is truly a great guy. That same weekend my friend decided to come to Glasgow to surprise me with a visit, the guest house was fully booked. John gave up his own personal quarters so that she could be with me when I needed someone close by. The guest house is immaculate and Johns local knowledge will never see you stuck on how to get out and about or local places of interest to visit. He often drives his guests to restaurants and weddings when he is home. As I previously said, nothing is a bother to him. This is a hidden Glasgow gem.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family