“"Great Pasta and Pizza"”
Review of Baffo

Baffo
Ranked #115 of 2,682 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 4 - USD 12
Description: Baffo brings the finest Italian produce to Glasgow with a bit of flair and relaxed vibe. Pizza is for everyone of all ages, to be enjoyed on your own or with friends.
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was so impressed by this place that I visited twice. The pizzas are authentic, fresh and flavorful. The Gnocchi and Rigatoni dishes are out of this world. Quality Italian beers were on offer as well as nice wines. The menu is in Italian; the staff was happy to translate the menu. This place will be a stalwart in the West End of Glasgow which is growing in leeps and bounds in the culinary scene.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We have recently eaten here and had not noticed the price change... the pizzas taste excellent, service is good and a nice place to eat but...

It now costs £17 (was £15) for essentially a basic no frills pizza 1/2 metre... regina with mozzarella and basil. Basically it's overpriced.

Now given that this is a sharing pizza (no-one pays that money for just themselves) you would expect it to be pretty big, but 2, 12 inch individual pizzas here have a noticeably bigger surface area ie more pizza combined than the 1/2 metre, but costs less ie £8 each... I believe all the 1/2 metre pizzas cost more than 2 individuals.

Given there are a number of good pizza places with very similar ratings, esp the no 1 in Glasgow that offers the same (12 inch) pizza at £6, I wonder if this pricing model can last.

We won't be back until it changes.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Was absolutely buzzing to try this place due to the hype it gets on tripadvisor as well as the attractive price of everything, I did think this might be too good to be true and unfortunately it was. It took us about 20 minutes to be served drinks, and a further 10 minutes to place our orders. It was a Monday night and not too busy so there was no need for the delay. The menu is in Italian which is baffling, so spent a considerable amount of time googling the translations. I ordered the mozzarella Fritta & a spicy sausage pasta dish. The meal arrived and although it looked nicely presented, the food was cold, the pasta was uncooked (it took Al dente to the extremes), the bland 'spicy sausage' was like mince and looked unappetizing. As someone who gets mozzarella fritta in every italian restaurant, this has got to be the worst I have tried, so much so I started offering it out which is unheard of for me, the breading didn't taste great and the dip that accompanied it was also bland, and worst of all COLD. The pizza's my friends got were soggy due to the thin base and it being saturated in sauce/cheese. The staff were really friendly but very forgetful, we asked for water twice and eventually got it at the end of our meal.

I had planned on booking the restaurant for a party of 12 for my birthday but after this occasion I've decided against it. I'm just glad I tried it before I did.

This place has a lot of potential in a lovely location, but the food has to be up to scratch, I don't think anyone would mind paying the premium for some good food. Perhaps an off day for the restaurant, I may return in the future to give it another go.

2  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

What a place! We came here for the first time. The location is amazing with the view of Kelvingrove Museum. We tried the fried mozzarella, pasta with black pepper sauce, the mezzo metro pizza and the sweet pizza. All of them were so tasty and fresh! The staff is really friendly and always smiling which is amazing because they make you feel very comfortable. The atmosphere is nice, cool and relaxing and it's one of the only restaurants in Glasgow that don't just eat and leave. Prices are low-normal for the quality, service and location. We will definitely go back there!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the first time and enjoyed it. We shared one of their half meter pizzas and I thought it was excellent and in my opinion better than the other restaurants in Glasgow that serve this style of pizza.
We had desserts as well which were authentic tasting which was a pleasant surprise.
We will definitely be returning here next time we are going for pizza in the west end