“Quite disappointing ”
Review of Dakota Bar & Grill

Dakota Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 2,690 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 19 - USD 76
Description: Our destination Grill offers a fresh and sophisticated seasonal menu with brasserie-style service. The Bar upstairs features an exclusive Champagne Room and Cigar Terrace, offering an extensive drinks list of classic cocktails and wine from around the world. For up-to-date menus and drinks lists, please visit our website. Service times are: - A la carte breakfast menu served Mon-Fri 06:30-10:00, Sat-Sun 07:30-10:30. From £11-£17 for continental and cooked options. - At fantastic value, our seasonal Market Menu is served Mon-Fri 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-19:00, Sat 12:30-19:00. £15 for two courses, and £20 for three courses. - A la carte lunch and dinner menus are served Mon-Fri 12:00-14:30 and 18:00-22:00, Sat 12:30-22:00, Sun 12:30-15:00 and 18:00-21:30. - Bar Tasters food menu is available Mon-Fri 12:00-22:00, Sat 12:30-22:00, and Sun 12:30-21:30. Located at the heart of Glasgow city centre on the corner of West Regent and Pitt Street, DAKOTA DELUXE is less than a mile from both of the city's main train stations, and a five-minute journey from the SECC and the Hydro. On-street parking is available directly around our hotel.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here before and really looked forward to this visit as it has a beautiful atmosphere, however i found this visit quite disappointing.
Seafood starter was over salted, although when I called the waiter over this was quickly rectified and I was advised my starter would be complimentary due to this.
We ordered the chateaubriand,the taste was bland and the meat and although cooked medium/rare, it was very dry. As a result we ate less than half.
The most disappointing thing about the evening was that we were not approached by any staff to see how our meal was, even when clearing the table the waitress did not ask if we had enjoyed our meal, despite her clearing half eaten meals from our table.

Date of visit: April 2018
Dakota G, Manager at Dakota Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Lainey M

I am disappointed to read that we have failed to deliver on the experience that almost all of our other guests receive.

At Dakota we take pride in delivering great cooking and service but also in the sincere nature of service recovery and complaint handling. From your feedback it is evident that this human touch and attention to detail was lacking and I must apologise for that.

I do hope that you return to dine with us at Dakota deluxe as we will always work towards improving every aspect of our service.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Dakota Deluxe Glasgow is a first class restaurant. The service is impeccable from start to finish. The quality of the food was simply outstanding. The relaxed intimate atmosphere made for a perfect evening. This was not our first visit nor will it be our last. Thank you Dakota for a lovely evening.

Dear 965carolyn

Thank you for reviewing your experience of Dakota Deluxe.

I am delighted that you found or cooking, service and ambience to be of a high standard. These are hallmarks of Dakota and I will make sure your feedback reaches our chefs and floor teams as they will be proud to know their efforts have been recognised.

We look forward to your next visit to Dakota Deluxe and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Delightful bar and restaurant great for intimate meals, service is fantastic met at the door shown to the bar, seated offered drinks, collected at our restaurant booking time, taken downstairs to the dining area where waitress explained the menu, we had fish soup and cheese soufflé for starting followed buy steak and duck all dishes where cooked and presented to perfection definitely and place to visit again has a great dining function room
And even great for just popping in for a drink

Dear stevenobrien129a

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Dakota Deluxe.

Great cooking, service and ambience are hallmarks of Dakota and I am delighted that we have achieved this on your recent visit.
One of the greatest compliments that we can receive is that our guests will return to dine with us and I am pleased that you feel we are deserving of such praise.

We look forward to your next visit and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was my second stay in the hotel and it was excellent again. The girl who checked us in said she had taken on board a few feedback comments from our last stay and had added these amenities to the room. I have never experienced this attention to detail and service before on return trip to a hotel. Immediately it reinforced the level of customer service they strive to deliver. Food was excellent again and the cocktails are really well thought out. The bar is cosy but modern. You don't have to leave the hotel - the whole package is here.

Date of visit: March 2018
Dakota G, Manager at Dakota Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Shirley L,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to Dakota Deluxe.

I am so pleased to read that you found every aspect of your stay to be impeccable.

The team here at Dakota work tirelessly to ensure that all guests receive first class service, and I am delighted that we have delivered on these aims.

I will be sure to pass on all of your kind feedback to the floor and service teams.

We look forward to your next visit and I hope to welcome you back to Dakota Deluxe in the near future.

Best Regards,

Natasha Modlin

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Hard to sum up how good this place is in a few words. We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary along with our parents 50th and the hotel, restaurant and staff were above and beyond our expectations and made our stay and celebratory evening dinner so special. Food was beautifully presented and of very high quality. We had steak, chicken, fish and a surf and turf main course and everyone’s meal was delicious. The staff make the experience complete by their excellent care and attention throughout our time there. Can’t recommend the Dakota highly enough!

Date of visit: April 2018
Dakota G, Manager at Dakota Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear ronanmorgan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent experience at Dakota Deluxe.

We are always delighted when guests decide to mark celebrations with us and our floor teams take great pride in enhancing these celebrations. I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary with us and I hope that we have the opportunity to host many more.

Great cooking, service and ambience are hallmarks of Dakota and I am pleased that you felt we delivered on all aspects of your visit and this has culminated in a fabulous experience.

We look forward to your next visit and I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dakota in the near future.

Warm regards,