“Great Glasgow Tapas”

Guy's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #194 of 2,667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 24 - USD 32
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

3 of us went and were given a warm welcome from the waitress. 3 great courses off the set menu, pate starter , Glasgow Tapas featuring the Haggis , and lovely dessert,
Quick and friendly service with a good bar selection of local lagers
Would definitely go again and recommend , lovely cosy atmosphere .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and me went in Thursday, early evening. The place itself is lovely, nice feel to it. The guy who served us was really nice, knowledgeable about the menu. The food was BRILLIANT. My wife has been in many times whilst I'm a fan of Wee Guys. Now I'm converted. The Glasgow Tapas was brilliant. Mince and Tatties aren't meant to be that good. The wine we were recommended was perfect too. Overall a great experience. If Guy reads this, well done Sir. You have a new fan

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Went with a friend for dinner. Chose from market menu.

Excellent selection to choose from.

I had prawn cocktail followed by steak in a port sauce. It was to die for.

My friend had pate followed by Scottish tapas.

Service was fantastic. Great ambience, and very reasonably priced menu.

First time dining in Guys but definitely not my last.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

We decided last minute to go into town for a meal... and having been to Guys once before for cocktails, fancied trying a meal there.
We got in about quarter to five and managed to get the second last table available. Almost fully booked on a Tuesday night ! Wow! Even more notable as the adjacent restaurants had hardly anyone at their tables - so that speaks volumes about this place!

A nice warm welcome and shown to a table next to the bar.
A bottle of red wine and jug (bottle) of tap water and we ordered a salmon fishcake and a soup - lentil and carot I think. I'd the salmon fishcake and although it was small, it was tasty. Just as well as I'm still on a diet and trying to reduce calories haha.
On the main course, the gaffer had the trio of Scots dishes - a Tapas of mince & tatties; haggis turnip & mash; and a steak pie along with a poke of chips at £2. The chips could have been left out as the rest was a good meal! And very good so she told me!!
I cheated and went for the chunky lamb pie with sweet potato mash - polished off and licked the plate !

Too full for dessert, I had a double espresso whilst the boss supped away at the wine. I fair enjoyed the glasses of water ( Grrrr!!).

Very pleasant and the staff don't rush you. Only small observation was that our table was a bit close to the bar and folk had a struggle getting past us to get to the other tables.
I'd recommend a visit.... but make sure you book first!!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Eight of us went for a family birthday lunch and we had a great time. Plenty of choice for everyone on the menu and we were all pleased with what we selected. I had the roast beef which was cooked to perfection, and the bang bang chicken starter was a very tasty start to the meal. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We had a lovely relaxed lunch and will be back.

1  Thank Fiona M