“Fantastic accommodation in the heart of St Andrews”
other travellers have booked this property
Front door
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front door
North Star Apartment - Heart of St Andrews apartments
welcome
En suite shower room (double bedroom)
family bathroom
family bathroom with heated de-misting mirror
solid oak flooring throughout
Apartment viewed from the private walled garden
View of private walled garden
Garden furniture for al fresco dining and drinks
Garden furniture for al fresco dining or drinks
View of private walled garden from upper patio
View of private walled garden from upper patio
Garden furniture for al fresco dining and drinks
Just a short stroll to the Castle
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kirst030
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed - standards slipping”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

This was our fourth trip to North Star and as you can see from our previous reviews we've always loved it. However this time around we left feeling a bit disappointed with our stay. The general standards of maintenance and cleanliness in the apartment were poor. The bed linen had blood stains on it, when we mentioned this to the cleaner she dismissed us and said it must just be make up, it wasn't. The outside light wasn't working making it treacherous to walk down the stairs and difficult to use the number lock on the door (the number hasn't changed from all of our visits #securityrisk), the shower drain was blocked causing the cubicle to leak water all over the floor, the floors were dusty, light bulbs were out, the dishwasher was full off floating bits of food in the bottom, the towels were torn, etc etc etc. I could go on with other examples. It wouldn't take much to bring this place back to it's former glory. We love St Andrews but for the price charged by North Star we expect better, therefore I think we'll be looking elsewhere for our next visit.

16 Nov 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am obviously disappointed to note that you were not satisfied with standards of maintenance and housekeeping during your recent stay, particularly as you have enjoyed previous visits to North Star. However, I welcome any and all feedback, good and bad. If I am not made aware of issues then I can not address them. I only wish I had been made aware of these points at any time during your stay. My contact details are on all correspondence and in the property itself. (In any event, you have my email address and telephone numbers from previous visits.) I note that you did discuss the bedlinen and towels with my housekeeper during your stay and she has advised that matters were dealt with to your satisfaction on the day and that she was not dismissive. I can only apologise if that was not the case. Neither of us were made aware of the other issues mentioned during your stay, including when my housekeeper returned on the Monday. If we we had been made aware of the bulb having blown in the outside light or the shower, my handyman would have come round and fixed these immediately. The code to the door lock is changed regularly. We do, however, try to keep it the same for guests who are return visitors. I can appreciate this may seem as though it is not being changed and so will stop this policy. I understand one of the towels had been returned from the laundry with a rip and that when made aware of this, my housekeeper apologised and gave a full new set of towels. She also tried to accommodate your other requests (more bin bags, taking away rubbish as bins were going out the next day, putting the wheelie bins out, more toilet roll etc). Once again, I apologise that standards were not as you would expect. I would like to reiterate that I would have welcomed your contacting me about any of concerns during your stay - if you had, I would have addressed them immediately.
Kind regards, Shona
trishbrom...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic accommodation in the heart of St Andrews”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The cottage was everything and more than what we expected. We arrived greeted with home made chocolate cake, wine, tea and coffee. The location was central for the golf courses and also the harbour and beach which was ideal as we played golf and had the experience and adventure of walking some amazing coastal walks with our family puppy Teddy. The cottage layout and quality of the rooms are of the highest standards with a fantastic rear garden with beautiful seating area and bbq. We really had an amazing holiday totally relaxed and would recommend the cottage due to its total luxury and location. An absolute "treasure find cottage" and we have already booked up for next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The high standards of the cottage and location
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Extended Family
People with pets
12 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I look forward to welcoming you back next year! Kind regards, Shona
mclennan5...
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay at high standard accommodation!”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We had a wonderful stay in North Star and the accommodation is stunning and incredibly well thought out. We felt very relaxed and at home thanks to the owner’s obvious attention to every tiny detail. The personal touches including flowers, cake, essentials and wine were lovely, and added to that feeling that we had arrived at 'somewhere extra special'. Although we were not as lucky with the weather as we have been in previous years spent in St Andrews, the high standard of the apartment made staying in pleasurable and many a board game contest was had thanks to how well-resourced it is! The location of North Star right in the town also allowed us to have a much more relaxed holiday as everything we love about St Andrews was right on the doorstep (Jannetta's being the children's favourite)! We worried it could be noisy but this proved not to be the case. Parking was also not an issue as we rarely used the car and free spaces were always plentiful after 4pm. This is our third vacation in St Andrews but our first at North Star, and this one was by far our best thanks to the beautiful accommodation and obvious insight into what high quality self-catering should be. We will definitely be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Attention to detail and beautiful interiors.
Liked least: Loved it all.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
13 Jul 2016
Thank you for this lovely review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the apartment. I hope to be able to host you again in the future. Kind regards, Shona
Jayne C
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Apartment in a great location”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We stayed at this fantastic apartment at half term week. Myself, husband, teenage son and our King Charles cavalier dog. It is a beautiful, modern apartment with Sky TV and lots of lovely touches such as wine, flowers and cake to greet us on our arrival and also milk ,bread, coffee etc left for us after our long journey. The apartment has a lovely small rear garden which was brilliant for our dog. It's location is perfect for everything in St Andrews. The shops and restaurants were literally around the corner and the beach/ Old Course golf was a pleasant 10 minute walk. Free parking outside the apartment was great and of course the beautiful old buildings of St Andrews university are all around you. A fantastic apartment in a lovely historic setting. Will definitely be back soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Apartment location and cleanliness
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
23 Feb 2016
Thank you very much for your review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the apartment. I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Kind regards, Shona
Sheena M
“Enjoyable relaxing stay in lovely house”
Reviewed 20 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My husband and I enjoyed a 3 day break at this property in November 2015 and were joined by our 3 children for one night. We were welcomed to the property with wine and a cake.
The house was lovely, warm, fresh and modern with very comfortable beds and kitchen/lounge area. We were out and about alot and found the central location very handy. The bedrooms are on the ground level of the property with the kitchen/ lounge area upstairs and this was a slight problem for us as we had our lovely labrador dog with us and she refused to move from the hall area upstairs. I think she found the wooden floors too slippy to risk moving upstairs.
I would recommend this property to others.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

Liked best: Bright , modern house in central location
Liked least: The stair was too slippery for my dog to be confident of going upstairs so she had to be left away from us in the hall area
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
20 Jan 2016
Thank you for your review, Sheena. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Kind regards, Shona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 301
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing