Rufflets Hotel(St Andrews)
Ardgowan Hotel(St Andrews)
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 214
3,751 results
All reviewsla cucinakittocks denrock and spindlecourtesy busgolf coursebar and grillafternoon teabeautiful hotelchanging roomsspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesfront of housesea viewgreat golfspecial occasionjunior suitebirthday treat
Reviewed 3 August 2015

As an extended family we choose the Fairmont St Andrews each summer, this is our 8th year stay and probably the poorest. The Cucina restaurant food was very poor and overpriced. Previous years they had offered a make your own pizza for the kids, we asked the waiter if this was still available and he nodded, then the pizza arrived fresh out the oven, we then had you spend the rest of our meal explaining to the kids why they had not made their own pizza. The breakfast potato scones were arguably the best in Scotland, now they have changed the cooking process and they are the worst ! The kids cinema was "occupied" on Sunday night and the kids were not allowed access. The room was liked, not in use and the staff would not allow the kids access for even an hour (of a wet summer holidays Sunday night !!!!). Also we had a room that was an interconnecting room and had the joy of hearing the full conversation of the next rooms occupants from 11th to 12, including details of their latest doctor appointments !!! Please avoid room 1089.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
JohnKeating_Fairmont, General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Fairmont St Andrews. It is through valuable guest feedback that we can improve upon the service and facilities offered. I am extremely sorry that your visit on this occasion did not match that of previous years and can only apologise for this. I have discussed the feedback you gave at length with the various departments who will take the necessary action in their teams. We are also about to embark on a refurbishment program which will see many areas of the hotel refurbished and have many plans to improve upon the facilities for our younger guests also. Again my apologies that we failed your expectations on this occasion but hope that you will return again the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

My partner booked hotel as a surprise , and it definitely was , staff are magnificent , Evelyn in breakfast room , was my star member off staff , very nice , nothing a bother for her , well done Evelyn ,,place is beautiful , carpet in atrium is stunning ,

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
JohnKeating_Fairmont, General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

I have passed your very kind compliments onto Evelyn and her team in The Squire, and so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. I do hope to welcome you back to Fairmont St Andrews very soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Negatives- pool freezing, service in kittocks bar very slow (40 mins for burger and a fish and chips), food a bit above average but not enough above it to justify price.

Positves- Friendly staff. Nice room. Good breakfast

Overall - hotel has a bit of a conference centre feel and falls a bit short short of 5 star rating

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
JohnKeating_Fairmont, General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review your comments are very much appreciated as it is through valuable guest feedback that we can improve. I note your comments and have discussed them with the Executive team to discuss with their departments and review where possible. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future to see the changes made to the service and facilities.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

This accomodation is excellent for a family stay.All 4 bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms , with a great dining area for entertaining family & friends.
Will definately stay here again , as you still recieve breakfast accross at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay in one of our Manor Homes that sit in the grounds here at Fairmont St Andrews. I do hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2015

As always, Fairmont is the place to be in St Andrews. The staff are fantastic and so friendly. My only regret is that I cannot often enough! Can't wait until my next visit, just love this place! If you want great food, great spa facilities or great golf, you won't go wrong coming to Fairmont. Within easy reach of St Andrews with courtesy bus from hotel which only takes a few minutes!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

I have to agree with your kind compliments, that Fairmont St Andrews is indeed the place to be! I have shared your generous comments with our golf, spa and restaurant teams that were involved in making yet another stay with us, an enjoyable one for you. I thank you for your loyalty to Fairmont St Andrews and we look forward to seeing you again soon!