1,860 results
All reviews road hole restaurant jigger inn sands grill fourth floor eden room the rooftop hot tub fairway suite thermal suite on arrival deep bath glass of prosecco hams hame first class afternoon tea upgraded to a suite moment you arrive pro shop
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We were meeting Long time Friends from Aberdeen for a quiet relaxation half way between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. We chose the Old Course Hotel to hopefully enjoy a quiet but never the less comfortable three days.
Right away let me say we were certainly not disappointed!!!
We had a wonderful time relaxing and with the help of the Staff at the Old Course lived the 'Good Life' for the time we were there!
Service was Excellent yet not overpowering from the Afternoon Teas to the relaxation of the Jigger Inn!!!
A refreshing time for all 4 of us!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Old Course are the most popular but the 'Eden rooms' are equally as good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be gifted the stay at this hotel for my birthday, on arrival we were upgraded to a fairway suite which overlooked the course and the beach. The service was extremely good and the hotel itself very pleasant with typical room amenities you would expect from a well known hotel. We had private dining and champagne which was excellent value for money. I particularly liked the card from the general manager wishing me a lively stay and birthday. Having stayed in many top hotels I would say this hotel is certainly worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

One night stay on a Saturday in an Eden room with a really good deal. The room was excellent in size and decor, a touch of luxury. View onto spa in middle of refurbishment but this didn't affect our enjoyment of the room or the weekend as we knew this was going on before booking and probably explained the good rate. An hour in the afternoon in Road Hole bar enjoying the fabulous weather and views of the Old Course, very relaxing with a nice glass of wine!
Dinner with friends in St Andrews in Little Italy restaurant was a real treat, well worth a visit.
Breakfast in Hotel after a relatively late lie in was very good.
Short stay but overall very enjoyable, would love to stay longer in this Hotel and wonderful location.

Room Tip: Old Course rooms have best views by far but you can get better deals on Eden view rooms.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My husband treated me to an overnight stay, this was a combined night away to celebrate my birthday that week and also our recent wedding a fortnight previously.
We don't live far from St Andrews but have a young baby & this was our first overnight without her so we didn't want to go too far.
The Old Course Hotel & St Andrews were the perfect place to visit. We were impressed by the hotel upon arrival with the gorgeous floral displays, prosecco at check in and the professional, friendly staff. We were recommended to make dinner reservations & were provided with menus to make our decision. We selected the Sands restaurant & throughly enjoyed our meals.
Our room was immaculate, very large with plenty storage space and a large comfortable bed. We opted to pay extra and have breakfast in our room the following morning which was lovely & relaxing.
We visited the spa after breakfast and had the hot tub on the roof top to ourselves.. I believe the spa is being extended st the moment so we look forward to seeing the changes during our next visit. We will definitely return.
The only one thing I would say that was disappointing was my husband contacted the hotel to mention that it was my birthday/recent wedding as a special request but nothing was done to mark either occasion unfortunately. Although at check in we were confused with another guest with the same surname so perhaps this is the reason why?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Wow.

That pretty much sums my stay up.

For golf fans, you pretty much can't get a better location in the world to be right next to the home of Golf and to be in St Andrews Finest hotel!!!

From the moment I step foot into the lobby to when I left, i was welcomed very warmly and felt like I was just at another holiday home.

I had a basic room that look out to the car park and the rugby fields. Not the greatest view, but if you pay an extra 50 pounds, you can get the best view of the 1st, 17th and 18th holes of the old course.

The beds are very generous and the rooms were very spacious. It felt very comfortable and didn't really have to feel cramped like some hotels I have stayed in previously.

The bathrooms are amazing, with a very big bath that is pretty deep and can easily fit two people in there.

The only criticism I have is the hotel slippers are comfy but only comes in one size. So having big feet like mine, I wasn't able to use them which was a shame. Even when calling down to reception i have the same answer saying that we have only one size.

The concierge team was the best service I have had in a long time. The golden keys boys we're outstanding and gave me the best time ever. They were knowledgeable and greeted me like there own colleagues. Which made me feel very welcomed and made my whole stay. So a big Thank you to the concierge.

Lastly, for a meal I wasn't really fussed on what to eat, so I went to the jigger inn which is a little pub on the corner of the 17th hole of the old course. Very famous amongst professional golfers, as a place to go for a drink after any major golf championship. The food was very good, and try and get the fish and chips. Which was rated the best fish and chips from a pub in the UK.

To sum up, my time in st Andrews have been nothing but outstanding. Will have some really good memories here and will deffeintley be coming back.

Thank You everyone and have a good rest of the year!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo