Open today: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Review Highlights
Great name for a great bar

This is the bar with on the 4th floor of the Old Course Hotel. It provides one of the best views of... read more

Reviewed 5 August 2018
jun_r
Sacramento, California
Family

Went for a cup of tea. Beautiful surroundings and lovely view. Complimentary snacks were given when... read more

Reviewed 5 August 2018
mortisha1969
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews jigger inn rachel hole whiskey golfers andrews st
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Great selection of whisky flights where you can inspect the label and enjoy the view. Comfortable place for a nightcap.

Lee S, Marketing Assistant at The Road Hole Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It’s so nice to hear you’ve had a good time and I’m particularly delighted to hear you enjoyed our selection of whiskies and the view is pretty special isn't it!

We hope to see you back again for a nightcap very soon!

With best wishes,
Lee

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I really do enjoy this place. I've visited with my fiancée, my mother and visitors to the area - all find the location, venue (esp. the view) and service very good. The bar sandwiches are sumptuous and the fish & chips the best I've ever tasted. The atmosphere is relaxed and relatively informal (soft jazz playing in the background) and the bathrooms are beautiful with lovely hand soaps etc. This place would be a lovely treat for anyone - not just a golf enthusiast. Lastly, I've never seen a whiskey selection that even comes close to what's waiting behind this bar

1  Thank SteveDundee
Reviewed 6 August 2016

We stopped for a late day drink on our last night in St. Andrews and wished we had found this place on the first night. The view of the Old Course, Beach, St. Andrews and more is just fantastic. We really enjoyed watching all the golfers playing the 17th hole and remembering our own experience playing it.
Wonderful piano entertainment. This was the perfect place to end our trip.

1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I loved the road hole bar in the 4th floor of the Old St Andrews hotel. The staff was incredible. Very friendly and helpful and great with their understanding of whiskey. We spent some great time there talking about the different areas and trying new whiskeys. They were terrific and I highly recommend Rachel in the bar. She was just great!!

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend, my friend and I visited the road hole bar late in the evening seeing as no where else was open.

Upon walking into the bar, you are struck by the magnificent views out onto the old course and towards the west sands beach.

We ordered our drinks which were brought out to us fairly quickly. At just over £10 for three drinks, it was expensive but not grossly.

Would recommend if you enjoy golf as the views are unparalleled. Other than that, there are better and more affordable bars/coffee shops in St. Andrews itself.

1  Thank danielgordon3004