“Must See”
Review of The Road Hole Bar

The Road Hole Bar
Ranked #3 of 9 Nightlife in St Andrews
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a fine dinner at the restaurant or sample from the bar's selection of Scotland's finest whiskeys from more than 120 distilleries.
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Coming from Australia and obviously being a golfer, this just has to be on your list.
Just walking around the hotel looking at all the photos is an experience.
The two staff serving were so friendly, and the coffee was the best we had on our 6 week visit to UK.
Just to sit and look over "The Road Hole" back to the clubhouse was a memory I will carry forever.

Lee S, Marketing Assistant at The Road Hole Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for your great review Michael! It’s lovely to hear you had such a nice time at the Hotel, particularly that you enjoyed the service and the coffee!

We really appreciate you taking time to leave such a positive review and are delighted that you take away such fond memories!

With best wishes,
Lee

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Great selection of whisky flights where you can inspect the label and enjoy the view. Comfortable place for a nightcap.

Lee S, Marketing Assistant at The Road Hole Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It’s so nice to hear you’ve had a good time and I’m particularly delighted to hear you enjoyed our selection of whiskies and the view is pretty special isn't it!

We hope to see you back again for a nightcap very soon!

With best wishes,
Lee

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I really do enjoy this place. I've visited with my fiancée, my mother and visitors to the area - all find the location, venue (esp. the view) and service very good. The bar sandwiches are sumptuous and the fish & chips the best I've ever tasted. The atmosphere is relaxed and relatively informal (soft jazz playing in the background) and the bathrooms are beautiful with lovely hand soaps etc. This place would be a lovely treat for anyone - not just a golf enthusiast. Lastly, I've never seen a whiskey selection that even comes close to what's waiting behind this bar

1  Thank SteveDundee
Reviewed 6 August 2016

We stopped for a late day drink on our last night in St. Andrews and wished we had found this place on the first night. The view of the Old Course, Beach, St. Andrews and more is just fantastic. We really enjoyed watching all the golfers playing the 17th hole and remembering our own experience playing it.
Wonderful piano entertainment. This was the perfect place to end our trip.

1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I loved the road hole bar in the 4th floor of the Old St Andrews hotel. The staff was incredible. Very friendly and helpful and great with their understanding of whiskey. We spent some great time there talking about the different areas and trying new whiskeys. They were terrific and I highly recommend Rachel in the bar. She was just great!!