“Very good food but expensive!”
Review of The Spiral Weave

The Spiral Weave
Ranked #76 of 139 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Price range: USD 5 - USD 17
Description: From classic British carvery to legendary pub favourites, our food is fresh, hot, and served daily. There's something here for all the family, whether you're bringing Nan and Grandad, fussy teenagers, or toddlers and little ones. Our drinks menu is just as brilliant. Relax with a real ale, premium draught beer, or a glass of wine. Or grab a Nescafé Milano coffee to go with one of our delicious desserts!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We've been here a few times since it's local and serves delicious food. Very good menu choices and a well decorated restaurant. The toilets are very clean as well. Only complaint is the price. Way too much.

Spiral W, Manager at The Spiral Weave, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Viperinelight50

Thanks very much for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit hope to see you back again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Second visit here the first being last Summer. Everything arrived warm and tasty and was served with a smile. Defo improvement on last visit.

Hi David

Thanks very much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you back again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 April 2018

we came back to try again the carvery and other menu choices.i had the carvery my wife chose the chicken,gammon and mustard pie with side order of mac/cheese my wife enjoyed her meal it was good and she said the mac/cheese was tasty.BUT my choice the carvery meat was ok but yet again vegetables were overdone,only peas,carrots and sweetcorn with sautes oinions .there was no there veggie option.gravy was thin but did have flavour.thought chef was very flustered when serving me,i feel there is not enough staff.oh why was there no normal pepsi cola? overall our meal was ok.

Spiral W, Manager at The Spiral Weave, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi David, Thanks for your feedback, we have recently just changed to Pepsi Max on draught, however we do have Pepsi available in Bottles. we will feed back your comments regarding the carvery to the kitchen team and hope that you visit again soon. :)

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Time of visit 19th March Approx 15.50

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!!!

DON'T GO FOR THE WARM WELCOME! !!

AS THERE IS NONE!!

Listen I get that we all have a bad Monday but whatever has happened behind the scenes is spilling onto the floor.
Was ignored when we arrived which is a pet hate of mine.
Got the calvary which again I had to wait ....No one serving !!!
Some bloke which I thought was a customer told me to come back in 5 minutes as the chef was changing the veg ???? Turns out he worked there !!! A good 15 minutes passed until I was served !!!!

There was obviously some sort of unrest in the premises even the lady serving the calvary was in the corner whispering away to the man I thought was a customer! !!!

I saw another woman have to knock the kitchen door to get served !!!!

It was that bad I got in touch with the pub chain as soon as we got home !!!!!

I WILL NOT BE BACK !!!!!

Spend your hard earned money were it will be appreciated! !!!!!!

2  Thank cliffprestage
Spiral W, Manager at The Spiral Weave, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi

we apologise that your service was not top notch and hope that you come back and give us another shot

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I was in last Thursday with my elderly aunt, who at 82 is unsteady on her feet and uses a walking stick as well as having to hang onto my arm (sometimes), and my first impression was that the parking for the disabled is too far from the main entrance, which isn't cleared signed from the car park. However on a positive note the atmosphere with the restaurant is good, seating areas clean and tables cleared quickly after people leave. The menu is varied and has something for everyone, we each ordered gammon steak etc (I asked for the gammon to be cooked longer than normal),and still didn't have too long to wait, both gammons were cooked exactly the way we liked them. very tasty & value for money. Will certainly be going again.

1  Thank myallmar

Hi

thanks for your review, its very important to receive feedback and we will feed back your comments to the team :)