Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
USD 70*
USD 67*
USD 90*
USD 80*
Golden Acorn Hotel(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
USD 53*
USD 121*
USD 118*
Balbirnie House(Markinch)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfettykil foxstayed herethe pubpub next doorroom was cleanfree breakfastbeansthe breakfast areadecent hotelthe ground floornight porterstaff were very helpful and friendlypowerful showerwould stay here againquiet locationhotel is situatednice breakfast
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This Holiday Inn Express is so much different to the larger ones we've stayed in, usually near airports.

It's a small hotel so the staff seem a little more friendly and have the time to attend to your needs. The complementary breakfast is superb.

Our room (225) had a huge double bed and was spotless. The shower was amazing! The room was heated by a simple radiator with a thermostat on top, very easy to use unlike some at other hotels we've used.

It's in a great location, very easy to get to Edinburgh and surrounding locations.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay F
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Very comfortable bed, sofa bed for our Daughter was also comfortable and a good size, we ate next door at the Pub Inn, the food was all freshly prepared and very good food, the hotel was clean and well kept, the free breakfast was a very nice surprise as I was expecting just a continental, but they provided a full buffet hot and cold, staff very pleasant. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BriDon69
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel. Room was lovely and clean. Got a great deal as it only cost £36 including breakfast. Staff were friendly and the breakfast area was nice also. I would definately stay here again. The bed was comfy with a choice of pillow.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I arrived at the hotel in late afternoon and quickly checked into my room (R. 239) which was adequately furnished for my one night stay. I had dinner in the evening at the Vintage Inns Fettykil Fox which is next to the hotel. My room was extremely comfortable and enjoyed a good nights sleep. Breakfast in the morning provided a reasonable selection of both hot and cold choices. The hotel provides excellent value and is well situated for visiting the area either for business or leisure and I will definitely consider staying again the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank legend14
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night, a Saturday evening, at the end of February. I should say we used the hotel as a base for attending a party at nearby Balbirnie House Hotel which was fully booked for the night but to be honest, bearing in mind that Balbirnie would have charged £140 for a double room with breakfast, I’m glad we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Only £55 for bed and breakfast and a 10 minute taxi ride away - it was perfect for us. There’s plenty of free parking on site, which is shared with a pub/restaurant right next door to the hotel - handy if you are looking for somewhere close by to have dinner.

Room was spacious with a double bed, a small sofa, desk and wall mounted flat screen tv. There is some open plan hanging and storage space for clothes and a tea and coffee tray - you can help yourself to extra supplies for this at reception, free of charge.

Our room (249) was at the end of a corridor and overlooked the back of the hotel so was extremely quiet. The bed was large, comfortable and had a choice of hard or soft pillow.

Bathroom had no bath but a reasonable sized shower cubicle with a good, powerful shower. Hand wash and shower gel are provided from a wall mounted dispenser and other toiletries are available from reception if required.

Overall, the room was clean, comfortable and in good condition.

Breakfast was included in our rate and served at an area next to reception. There is a hot and cold buffet selection, not vast by any means, but plenty to suit all tastes. The breakfast service was very busy and a little chaotic at times but I suspect that was because we arrived at around 0930, with the buffet closing at 1000. I’d recommend going a little earlier if you value space and a little quiet!

Finally, we found the reception and housekeeping staff to be extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly and they helped make our short stay very enjoyable.

In summary, first class service and great value for money - wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple