All reviews value for money bit dated evening meal three courses comfortable hotel large car park stayed one night falkirk town centre excellent value falkirk wheel and the kelpies short stay steak pie buffet breakfast wi fi staff were friendly short drive function room
Reviewed 3 October 2017

A comfortable hotel with friendly staff but unfortunately not one of the better Best Western hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is on a main road on the western suburbs of Falkirk and as it was a warm day the window in my room was open (and needed to be). As the rooms are not air conditioned the sound of the passing traffic meant that it was not very peaceful.

There was a small teapot on the hospitality tray in the room which was good, but unfortunately I had to clean it before using it as it had stale tea in it. Other than that the room was clean and up to a good standard and comfortable, although it's an hotel which does not replenish the shampoo and shower gell on the second day!

It had an easy chair which was very relaxing to sit it, as well as a small table. The other chair in the room - probably a former dining room chair - had lost the padding on the seat which meant that when I sat in it to work at my laptop the wooden frame of the chair with a sagging gap in the middle made it quite uncomfortable as I was sitting on the wooden frame. This was solved by placing a pillow on top of the chair!

One other problem was that there was only one spare 13amp socket in the room which todays techology (laptop, phone and tablet charger) was certainly not enough. Thankfully I always pack a four gang socket extension.

The restaurant was pleasant although the menu was limited. The service however was very efficient and fast and the staff were very obliging.

All in all I would give it 5 out of ten and while I would stay there again I would look at alternatives first.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Liked: the staff, the restaurant, the food (breakfast and dinner), darkness created by closing the curtains.

Disliked: the room. The bed was uncomfortable, instead of sheets and blanket(s), you get a duvet in a duvet cover which is far too warm, and you can't get rid of any blankets to make it cooler. The pillows were awful. The window opens only a crack, which is not enough to bring cooler air into the room. The wi-fi frequently stops responding, and I had to repeatedly turn wi-fi off and on, on multiple devices.

Loved: the shower. Amazing water pressure and temperature. A second shower curtain on the outside of the tub would keep the inside one from billowing into the shower with you.

The restaurant, food, and staff were good, but since the primary reason for staying here was to get some good nights' sleep, and the room conditions prevented that, I have to give this hotel a below average rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2017

The lobby indicates that the hotel is modern and updated. This is not the case in the room we had. Although it was not terrible it certainly needs updating.
One of my pet peeves these days is the touting of free wifi. Sadly the free wifi in our room was limited to an area directly adjacent to the corridor. It worked fine if you stood next to the door leading into the room (or pulled a chair over).
It is 2017 and we are now accustomed to instant access to email, texting and online services (how we book rooms in upcoming destinations for instance) and when trying to communicate with our family when the wifi drifts in and out is frustrating and unacceptable in this day and age.
Updates are required at this location based on the room we were in, which was third floor overlooking the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I was put off initially with the 'look' of the outside of this hotel. However, the price, I booked on the day, was by far the best value. Inside it is a nice hotel, a little dated but very clean and comfortable and less than 2 miles from the Falkirk Wheel.
Staff were very friendly and the rooms spot on.
A good place to tour from.
The views from the hotel are not interesting but don't let that stop you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017

rooms need refurbished breakfast poor hotel badly needs upgraded and nobody ask us at breakfast if we wanted anything else or type of toast other people got poached eggs lounge area very tired serving at breakfast hard to get out of dishes

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple