All reviews value for money bit dated evening meal three courses comfortable hotel large car park stayed one night falkirk town centre excellent value falkirk wheel and the kelpies steak pie short stay buffet breakfast wi fi staff were friendly short drive central scotland
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I was a bit disappointed in this hotel. Although I was only there one night, the stay was pretty average. The hotel looks tired and in desperate need of some TLC. Carpet looked worn, paint was chipped and scuffed, a storage room was visible as you walked to the room (I think I was on level One) and things had just been dumped in there. The rooms (I booked two for our party) were small, the bathroom once again needed to be refreshed. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was dirty, but it certainly has seen better days. It had that whole feel of a tired, chain hotel that the was bottom of the queue of the refit line.
If did have parking which was a bonus, and the staff were pleasant enough. Breakfast was Ok without being special.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I have used this hotel on many previous occasions bit was very dissapointed at how poor the room was. The decor is at best tired and carpet dirty, the bathroom was no better with hair in the bath and sink. I opted to check out early and won't be returning in a hurry. Considering the price of the rooms this is very dissapointing.

The receptionist tried hard to help with my points and I was given a new room but this was only a small improvement.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Doesn't really look like much from the outside but really nice in the inside, food is lovely, Really well presented but for picky eaters it's not the best. Staff are lovely though. Rooms are very clean. There is no iron or ironing board in the room but I'm sure you can get one on request.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Spent one night here when we had a party at Baberton golf club. Hotel, as other reviewers have said is a but dated and needs some TLC but room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was good. Food was fresh, tea good, orange juice good. At £85 for a twin room it is good value which includes breakfast. Each access to central Scotland, the kelpies and the Falkirk wheel. Good for short stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We choose the Park Hotel because of its proximity to the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies. Don't let the outside put you off, it looks a bit of a barracks, but inside it it’s welcoming and the public areas are clean and tidy.

Our room was a good size with a large bed and the usual coffee/tea making facilities. The room was a little tired and the bathroom could have done with a deep clean, but all in all it was acceptable. We had free Wifi throughout the hotel with good bandwidth.

Both dinner and breakfast were of good quality and reasonably priced and the service was friendly. Would I recommend this hotel for a short stay, well yes.

Room Tip: Good hotel at a reasonable price
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple