“Looks good food average”
Review of Boardwalk

Boardwalk
Ranked #40 of 192 Restaurants in Falkirk
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Thought we would check this out since the refurb. Looks very nice,nice & bright if a bit bling. Great friendly service,nothing was too much trouble,staff very accommodating of a nosey toddler.
Very prompt delivery of food order, which was good but not great. Food a bit greasy & sweet potato fries on the hard side,warm chicken salad with fruit was very good.
Will certainly give this place another visit

3  Thank mollycatScotland

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went in for a coffee partly to see how it has changed since re opening from when it was the Wheelhouse.
First thing I noticed was a prominent sign at the door saying toilets for customers only....a pet hate of mine and not really in keeping with the tourist welcoming that Falkirk council promote particularly since it’s within shouting distance of the Falkirk wheel.
Anyhow, visually the place is nice and has been changed extensively but the general ‘vibe’ isn’t good and feels a bit sterile.
The service wasn’t fantastic, took a while to get served and when the drinks arrived they were all like warm.
My large cappuccino wasn’t any larger than I’d expect for a normal sized drink....makes me wonder what the standard size is like.
The carrot cake was really dry albeit it was a sizeable slice.
All in all quite disappointing, gave this a try en route to the nicer and much better Canada Wood, which is where I’ll go next time.
It wasn’t ridiculously expensive but certainly wasn’t cheap so for me it needs to up its game...quite a bit as there are much better alternatives in the area.
Might give it another go for a meal but it’s off the list as a coffee stop.

11  Thank Jllre6
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited over Easter break with relatives for the first time since new owners took over from Wheelhouse. Decor very impressive but was so disappointed with the food and with the rude management. Our food of hamburger and onion rings would not have looked out of place in a roadside cafe.... the onion rings were swimming in fat and the burgers tasted microwaved and one was full of fat and gristle. Ugh ! The other dishes we had were not much better. Complained to management who seemed indifferent to our complaint. The party on the adjoining table of three young ladies also mentioned they had the same problem. We were never offered a replacement meal which we would NOT have accepted anyway and then when we paid the bill we were not offered a reduction or an offer to rectify this problem if we visited again. Very bad customer service and sorry to say we will not return. We visited the old Wheelhouse regularly and always had a great meal there but the new owners of Boardwalk need to up the game on the food and definitely their skills on customer service which is non existent. I also noted that any negative reviews on Boardwalk FB page were removed. Interesting! Maybe need new owners/management who actually care about their customers. Not worth visiting as prices not cheap but the quality certainly does not reflect the price. Many other good quality places in Falkirk to eat with much better service. Try them instead.

24  Thank Mary b
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went to visit The Boardwalk today for the first time today for lunch.What a beautiful place inside& out.The staff were first class the food was delicious I would recommend this restaurant to anyone we be back soon that’s for sure.Keep up the good work we will be back to try some more delicious meals on the menu!

1  Thank Denise F
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for lunch last week, we were greeted warmly and seated very quickly. Staff are very attentive and friendly. The menu is extensive so there are plenty of options, and my partner loves a roast dinner so he was delighted to see the quality of the carvery on offer. As I had ordered the macaroni the waiter gave us a small ticket and informed us that they would come back to let us know a few moments before my meal was ready to be served which would allow my partner to pop up to the carvery and select his food so that we would both be eating at the same time. This worked perfectly and he arrived back to the table with his piping hot food as my meal was being served. We both thoroughly enjoyed our food, and the friendliness of the staff even though they were incredibly busy. Sadly we had to rush off to work so we were unable to sample the desserts but there were plenty of delicious sounding treats on offer. We will definitely be making it a regular visit.