Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed
Scotland Day Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Edinburgh to Loch Ness with Distillery

Bry was amazing!! He is hilarious and very informative. Kept everything lively for a very long... read more

Reviewed 26 July 2019
DLaReids
What a great day

We (4 friends) went to Scotland for 1 week to rest, relax and enjoy. We planned only one activity... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
wwtjdc
dallas
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2018

My sister and I and our spouses spent a beautiful 8 days in Scotland, based out of Edinburgh. We all agree that the highlight of our visit was the day we spent with Grant, exploring Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Inverary. Grant was prompt and extremely knowledgeable and we all learned so much on this day. We had considered renting a car and doing this trip on our own but for not much more money, having Grant drive and benefiting from his experience and knowledge made this a tremendous value.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Eric C
scotlanddaytours, Owner at Scotland Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hi Big E!

Many thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to hear such positive reviews about your day trip. I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip with us and have great memories of your visit.

Regards. Grant

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It was a trip of a lifetime! Grant was so easy to work with. He replied quickly to every email in my preparation, which calmed my nerves about trustability. He was very knowledgeable about the places we wanted to visit. We had a very specific list of places to visit. While enroute, Grant suggested a few wonderful add ons that really added to our experience. Grant was very approachable and yet very professional. If I had to choose who to trust again, I would definitely choose Grant with Scotland Day Tours. My son and I enjoyed our trip immensely and Grant added to it!!!

Date of experience: June 2018
scotlanddaytours, Manager at Scotland Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello Blaine,
Many thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to hear such positive reviews. It certainly was a great three day trip and one that i hope will provide wonderful memories for years to come. Regards. Grant

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We absolutely loved our customized day trip with Grant. He picked us up from our hotel in Edinburgh and drove us up to Kyle Lochalsh. From the very first email Grant was very helpful, friendly and communicative. He suggested a wonderful itinerary and stopped at beautiful places. He even provided a safely seat for our 4-year-old. We had an absolute blast and felt very comfortable along the way. He is a safe driver and a knowledgeable guide. Don't hesitate- book him! We certainly will again!

Date of experience: June 2018
scotlanddaytours, Manager at Scotland Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Many thanks for your kind words and feedback. It really means a lot to us that you enjoyed both your day. I'm glad that we could meet your requirements for tours.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had planned a trip to Scotland to both tour college options as well as enjoy some sightseeing. I’m so pleased we selected Scotland Day Tours to provide us with our private tours. From the outset, Grant was responsive, professional, easy to deal with and genuinely concerned about our experience. His in-person service once we arrived was no different. Thanks to our airline snafu, we had issues with our arrival and luggage, but Grant remained ever so flexible. During our travels, he shared with us the various areas’ history, and when we were in St Andrews, during our info session with the school, he went out of his way to find us a good spot for lunch as well as get us a map of the town and then give us a walking tour and history lesson.
He is a kind person, very warm, personable, and very client focused. You cannot go wrong with Grant. I highly recommend his services.

Date of experience: June 2018

Many thanks for your kind words and feedback. It really means a lot to us that you enjoyed both your tours. I'm glad that we could meet your requirements for tours.
Regards
Grant

Reviewed 5 February 2018

In mid-January my husband and I had the pleasure of doing a private day tour with Grant from Scotland Day Tours.

This tour was booked many months in advance, and during all those months Grant was available for any questions and also offered us useful suggestions as to our itinerary.

At his suggestion, once he heard that we were transferring to Glasgow for a few nights after our stay in Edinburgh, we changed the tour date so that it fell on our last day in Edinburgh. Grant then picked us up early in the morning, we did our wonderful day tour, and he then dropped us off at our Glasgow hotel at the end of the day. This not only saved us a long drive back to Edinburgh, it also saved us the cost and trouble of train transfers.

We could not have been happier with the service provided by Grant. We picked a tour from his list of small group tours, but then made slight changes to it to suit our needs. I had mentioned to Grant by email that I needed to stop and use public toilets more often than usual. He had all this factored into our itinerary so it made for a very pleasant, relaxing day.

Our request was to see castles and lochs and Grant made sure we saw plenty of both. Some of the scenery was quite spectacular but unfortunately as the day drew to an end, it became rainy and grey and some of what I am sure would have been the most spectacular views became totally invisible. We were aware that this could happen though when touring in winter.

If anyone is looking for a tour of Scotland you will certainly not go wrong using this company.

Date of experience: January 2018
scotlanddaytours, Owner at Scotland Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hello Debbie and Gary,

Thank you for sharing your feedback which we consider important to improve our performance and to work on the areas that need improving.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the day and that we could meet all your needs. It means a lot to for you to hear that you selected us from a group of companies.

I'll have a word with the weather people !

Regards