“Reliably lovely food in a cosy setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanedan Restaurant

Hanedan Restaurant
Ranked #197 of 2,446 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 20 - USD 29
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edinburgh
“Reliably lovely food in a cosy setting”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I've been a regular at Hanedan since it opened, as I love Turkish food. Having tried other Turkish places in Edinburgh, this is by far the best & the only one I return to - as often as possible, despite now living on the other side of the city! It's not fancy inside in any way, but is cute & quirkily decorated, with an always excellent mix of music in the background & a friendly & welcoming owner/chef. The food is consistently delicious, & by now I've probably worked my way through most of the menu (which caters well for carnivores & vegetarians alike). Sharing a mix of hot & cold starters is a great way for a group of people to try lots of different flavours. Some favourites of mine are the spicy sausage, liver with cumin, borek pastries with cheese & herbs, grilled halloumi, squid & walnuts, smoky aubergine dip, & the honeydew melon with feta. The chargrilled lamb kebabs are really tender &, although other mains such as fresh swordfish or vegetarian moussaka are also excellent, I have to order these every time ... Dessert is the one part of the menu I can't comment on as I'm always too full by then!

• Visited February 2012

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

On a spur of the moment decision, my hubby and I decided to go to Hanedan's for a meal on Friday. Phoned to see if I could get a table. So glad we made that choice.

The food was excellent, well presented and the right size portion. Wine was lovely too.

2 courses (starters and mains) plus a bottle of wine, bill came to around £40, which we thought was very good value.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sassa610
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Indian restaurant in town on the outskirts of Edinburgh, half an hour from the city centre. It has earned a well deserved reputation for consistently good food served in modern pleasant surroundings. Also does excellent take away.

Fair Play
“Best meal of our vacation!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Small in size but big in taste! With the goal of avoiding the typical Scottish food, we found ourselves experimenting and this restaurant was a great experience. Obviously a very hard working owner who deserves kudos for great food and service.

• Visited September 2011
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food.”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Having visited istanbul this year we thought about having another turkish meal. We saw the reviews regarding this restuarant and boy we were not mistaken. Superb food. Service was great andy we had a great chap with the owner and chef.the food was fantastic with great portions andy the taste.mmmmm.thank you for a great night.