“It was ok”
Review of The Rabbit Hole

The Rabbit Hole
Ranked #52 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The setting in the restaurant is lovely, nice decor, nice mood lighting and music. The service was great. But the food kind of let it down. I had the venison black pudding which was nice enough but the fish I had was a disappointment. It was Seabass. The filet of the fish itself was tiny and slightly overcooked, it was supposed to come with chorizo, but instead (and without admitting it) they substituted the chorizo for what was possibly some kind of saucisson, so the paprika flavor I was after in the dish was lacking. The menu description said it came with potatoes but it came with the equivalent of one new potato. A tiny side order of fires was £3.50. And my main was £17. A seabass fillet costs like £2 at a fishmonger, YES I KNOW restaurants charge more, and usually I don't care but I got one tiny fillet with very little else so I felt ripped off.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The setting is lovely, quiet and dimly lit with quite a cosy atmosphere.
The food was just gorgeous, I had the fish in a creamy sauce with mussels and it was divine! I've had some really rubbish experiences with mussels recently so this well and truly restored my faith. Cocktails menu is quite limited but what they do make they make well. I can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank JayBee_Likes_to_Eat
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Menu was well priced with a good wine list. Service was excellent. Food was prepared and cooked to perfection.

Lovely, friendly, family run restaurant.

Excellent

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Was really looking forward to our dinner reservation at The Rabbit Hole and it DID not disappoint the food was beautiful, the surroundings elegant and service very good. A few things on the menu were sold out but there was still ample to choose from.
Would definitely recommend a visit..

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We had a great meal here last night, The food was really well cooked, and with coffee and wine, came to £91. The food isn't pretentious, and the service was attentive and friendly. Will definitely be back.