“Real cook, great service and good price”

O Canto do Passarinho
Ranked #954 of 2,753 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 13 - USD 26
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: If you love rich, flavourful and filling food, you'll love Portuguese cuisine. After all, a local fish dish will be that much more delicious when made with fish freshly caught from the Mid Atlantic waters, served with vegetables harvested nearby and grown in the warmth of the summer sun. However to avoid a long travel and get the best near home, we bet your taste-buds are watering already, so come with us as we explore the best of Portuguese cuisine, which has so much more to offer than just the Piri-Piri chicken that you might have enjoyed in a certain Portuguese restaurant while on holidays in Portugal!.
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

As the title says the food is real from Portugal and I was recommended by portuguesh people. We had the chouriçoans if you have the chance to try the chouriço preto you just go for it because is amaizing. We also had the daily special of octopus and it was super delicious.

Good house wine and they also good beer from Portugal.

The menu was lack of some stuff but it is what it happens on these days and when the cooking is good tasty and generous it is something that you do not care in the end.

The staff is friendly and warm. We'll definetely repeat again.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Popped in here not knowing what to expect, was lovely cannot fault the food and the service was good, staff very friendly, will be back and would recommend

Reviewed 20 December 2016

My boyfriend and I had a lovely evening, really lovely food, good wine and great service in a lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Last night I decided to head to 'O Canto do Passarinho' for the first time and I didn't regret it.
Being a Portuguese person living in Scotland for 3 years now I can genuinely confirm that this was the best Portuguese meal I ever had in Scotland. I also took my girlfriend along with me where she tried Portuguese food for the first time and she loved it.
Going into more specifics: The restaurant is a nice quiet place with traditional Portuguese decoration, it feels very cosy and since it's a small place, the whole experience feels very personal. The staff are very nice and the chef is amazing.
This is as close as you can get to an authentic Portuguese meal in Scotland.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Francesinha like in Porto. Place perfect for romantic dinner as well as a dinner with friends. Great service and food. Truly recommend!