“Excellent lunch”

China Red
Ranked #726 of 2,784 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 12 - USD 21
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We visited for a treat, as we always enjoy visiting here. We were a bit shocked the conveyor belt was gone!! It's now a buffet.

But we ended up very happy. There was the usual excellent selection of food, which was all delicious.

Staff were extremely and helpful with our baby.

Can't wait to go back! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We went for a change got told we do not accept card cash only why? Then the price the kids was £7.99 and only had a plate of noodles and £14.99 for a adult so its expensive when I can pay half that at my local take away and better quality.
The food was dry the sweet and sour did not taste like sweet and sour sauce the food had a skin on it like the chicken curry the ribs are cold and the staff had there faces stuck in there mobile phones. I did not get one member of staff leaving on his break and then walked in with a Mc Donald’s ?????

1  Thank Jck25064999
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This was one of the better Chinese buffets I have tried. Huge selection and food seemed fresh, although not nearly warm enough (a problem with most buffets, though, to be fair). So many choices for appetisers, mains, and desserts, I was very pleased with the selection available. However, the prices seemed very high to me - not so bad for lunch, but the dinner price that I paid seemed steep. Drinks are not cheap either so stick with the tap water...

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Was nearby and decided to nip in. Didn't realise they had taken the conveyor belt out. All in all the food was of a decent quality and warm enough. The staff were polite and efficient, taking the finished plates away quickly. The chef cooking the beef steak got it perfectly for my liking (medium rare). Good selection of starters, mains and deserts. Had the free refills for our soft drinks too.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

First lunchtime visit since they took out the conveyor and converted to a srandard buffet. No dim sum at lunchtime, very few starters,poor choice of mains and limited desserts. Quality of the food was poor with many dishes overcooked and dry noodle dishes.

Parking very difficult as usual.

Real shame this used to be my favourite restaurant , website very misleading stilll shows up as conveyor with a wide choice of food

2  Thank Tom W