“Delicious food, friendly service!”
Review of Nutan's

Nutan's
Ranked #44 of 2,731 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Nutan's strongly believe “you are what you eat” its run single-handedly by one woman so your food quality are assured. We serve home cooked North Indian style of food serve with simplicity, laughter and love.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I returned to Nutan's with my brother after far too long! The food is delicious, freshly made and clearly done so with love! The relaxed atmosphere makes for an even better experience! The waiter who served us was very friendly and attentive. Fabulous fresh food, great service and brilliant atmosphere! Would highly recommend! Thank you :)

New R, Owner at Nutan's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi Lily L,
Customers like you make me get going, even its really hard :) thank you very much, appriciated your kind word and feedback.hopefully see you again.
regards

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Sadly trip advisor rating was so wrong. A totally inauthentic place. We had curry made with frozen mixed veg and some pickles to start, all tasted out of packet or jar. Probably one of my worst ever curry experiences and I am not exaggerating. To be avoided.

5  Thank Debs P

hi debs p,
Thanks but no thanks for your personal grievances and ranting I don't think you are a genuine/nice person, the way you have written your review. Am sorry to say but may I know why? I don't serve any pickle as a starter or main, everything tasted like from packet or jar ...ridiculous. so no questions about that, you never mentioned what you ordered ..why?except your swiping and judgemental statement which clearly reflects your bad intention.And if the food wasn't good why don't you informed straight away to my staff or me or when you were paying. I would like to say I take pride what I serve I took every care to serve my food with love and care ALSO pls don't insult 142 peoples experiences .
thanks

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Got the name of this from TripAdvisor.. it was basic menu but good. Service was average.. the toilet facilities could do with an upgrade, have to walk through the kitchen to go to the bathroom, not very appealing

1  Thank Corklady1

Hi KittycatCORK,
thanks for your time ,feedback and giving us try, am really sorry that you don't felt service wasn't up to your expectations will difinetely take on board your feedback.And about the toilet yes I agree with you and just to let you know its in the process to have them upstairs but it might take some time due to planning permission etc.
thanks once again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself is tiny, with only room for around 20 people but we got there around 6pm so there were still seats. We both had the Thali and I would highly recommend it for the variety and value for money- my main curry, the paneer and spinach one, was delicious.

This place doesn't feel too touristey like on the royal mile, and is a charming independent business. For a tasty casual dinner, I would definitely recommend this place. Nothing on the Thali was too spicy, so don't worry if you're afraid of hot. Warning: it's cash only

hi, annarumsby,
thanks for your time and feedback, am really happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, our motto is to serve good food with simplicity. also, we always try to accommodate your need as much possible.
but sometimes we might fail so pls do undermine that.yes for the time being we are only accepting cash.
hoping to see you again.
thanks, kind regard

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Let Nutan serves what she thinks you should be served. Great food and great service. The neighborhood is quite nice, not too far from the castle. Go there definately.

Hi gabanacho,
Thank you very much you all, it was really nice serving you and your family and definitely, its makes much easier when we have a customer like you.so thank you for being so wonderful and appriciative.
by the way you have a really nice family.hoping you all enjoying your remaining trip.
thanks,