“Comfortable screen 1”
Review of Odeon Cinema

Odeon Cinema
Ranked #231 of 397 things to do in Edinburgh
Reviewed 19 May 2017

On holiday and visited this cinema as more central than the other two in Edinburgh. Underground, access through the Croma restaurant, unusual and quirky. Friendly staff. No problem getting ticket as had pre booked.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I paid £10.50 each for 3 people (2 adults, 1 teenager) = £30+ for a noisy, dirty, delayed poor film experience and 25 minutes of noisy advertisements and self-promotion. Disgraceful is too nice a word. If I had added popcorn, drinks and the discount pack the cost would have been £50++ for a noisy, dirty, delayed poor film experience and 25 mins of loud mindless advertisements.

Disgusted.

Shame on Odeon for a dirty, noisy, very poor over-priced experience.

In future I will get a DVD.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The personnel is very friendly and welcoming, there are many offers throughout the year, especially at the moment, the Award Season, where you get the fourth movie for free after you've watched three Oscar nominated films beforehand which is amazing for cinephiles. The price is the best deal for students and in contrast to other cinemas it is very sociably priced and not preposterously expensive. I never had issues with its cleanliness, disturbing audiences, its technology or screens, everything is perfectly fine, cosy and comfortable. And, I must add, the temperature is spot on, many cinemas are either too cold, badly ventilated or have nasty drafts, this one is perfect. Also, it is perfectly located, in the middle between the old town and the new town, surrounded by a variety of good restaurants and has excellent bus connections. This is my cinema.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

What an awful place! Dirty, disorganised!

We visited Edinburgh last weekend and decided to watch a film. The Odeon in our home city of Norwich is great, immaculate, well organised, nice bar etc and a great night out.

This place - awful!! I was shocked the staff let someone in who was clearly drunk too, shocking

Avoid

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2017

They trashed a beautiful cinema built in 1938 to make way for this basement factory. This is barely a cinema at all. The staff are not very helpful or interested.

I went to see a 3D movie. I was the ONLY person in the audience. When the movie started the house lights did not go off. It was like being in broad daylight. I went out to tell them to turn the lights off. The manager, who was about 20 years old, told me that they needed to stay on for "health and safety" reasons. I told him that this was nonsense and that no other cinema screen has been this bright in my many years of movie-going.

I got my money refunded and I have never been back. They kept the movie playing even though the only person in the audience had left.

What a joke! This is what cinema-going in Edinburgh has become? Really???