Sushiya
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We are always looking for good japanese restaurent in Edinburgh and didn't find one. Others are either too expensive (but not worth the value) or too non-japanese (mainly serve rolls or even serve warm sushi/use bad texture sushi rice). Sushiya is really good in Nigiri and rolls, with fresh sashimi! Tempura is good as well. Also reasonable price. My faviourite sushi restaurent in Edinburgh!

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Time after time I come here and I'm always surprised by how great it is. The service is brilliant, the food is always fresh and the price is very reasonable.

I recommend the dragon roll highly. Try, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We have eaten from Sushiya many times, mostly delivered to our home by the delivery service. After enjoying it so much and being one of the best Japanese restaurants we have ever had, we decided to go there and sit in - the home delivered food was amazing, however, the food they served us at the restaurant was absolutely superb.

We totally recommend everyone to taste their Chicken Gyozas, we love them, as well as the Eel Grilled Nigiri and the King prawn Tempura Sushi Roll or even the Mackerel Sashimi.

The home delivered food is always really good prepared and very well presented

1  Thank Gynll
Reviewed 6 January 2017

The place itself is really small but the atmosphere is nice. The food is really good. Me and my boyfriend both got Ramen dishes, his with pork mine with seafood. The only problem I had is that I hate when the seafood is tempura (battered). I ate as much as I could but as soon as the batter starts to sog the taste becomes different and sickening to me. Would be nice if it was mentioned in the menu that the fish is battered. We also had sushi to share which was delicious and the salmon sashimi tasted really fresh which is always a plus. All in all I would definitely re visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I have been here loads of time - always amazing food and great service. The sushi is always fresh, and you can watch it being made. Restaurant can be quite cramped but it is definitely worth it! I'd recommend the grilled aubergine (best thing I've ever eaten) and the spicy tuna maki.

1  Thank Lotti L