“Not good enough ”

Price range: USD 43 - USD 43
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Edinburgh (Stockbridge) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Service is terrible here. Quiet Thursday afternoon and yet we were still left waiting (uncomfortably) as the door to be seated. Members of stuff just looked at us! Food is alright but overpriced! When it came to paying they even charged the wrong amount(over double!) on the card machine. So glad I checked before doing contactless using Apple Pay. I do not recommend this restaurant and I am done with Pizza Express too. So many better places out there. Go elsewhere.

1  Thank Kitty8704

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just a disaster today. We were a party of 9 including 3 children under 10. We had booked a table st 12.30 and arrived promptly. Firstly we were all given adult menus including the toddler in her highchair. I’m thinking the waiting staff must be new. We all had 2 courses but the food didn’t arrive at the same time and disastrously it was the children who waited longest. Our pizzas didn’t arrive until 2pm by which time the children were really upset. One of our party had had to leave to return to work and one main course never arrived. It had been ordered - they just hadn’t made it. We had no time to wait for it or to give the children the puddings they were looking forward to. We left with upset kids and stressed adults. I’d definitely recommend going to a different branch.

2  Thank Liz47936
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I organised a visit to Pizza Express for 51 teens and 4 adults. The staff were really helpful prior to our visit. On arrival we were seated quickly and our preordered drinks arrived. The food was promptly delivered and was perfectly cooked. I highly recommend the staff and wouldn’t hesitate to use Pizza Express again!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Children may like simple food, that's one battle won. Mine is a lost cause, I have been there too many times and I always leave disappointed with the lack of choice beyond their average pizzas. What I never expected was that their pasta special would be a suspicious of being microwaved mince sauce that looked from a long past its best and tasted unremarkable to say the least. Acoustics downstairs are terrible and when the bill comes you can't helped being mugged amidst the noise. Being friendly and a nice location aren't enough for any restaurant.

1  Thank jcm60
Reviewed 26 January 2018

in bonnie Scotland by thebanks of a bonnie river. Excellent pizza. The best ever. The dough balls are super. Wonderful desserts. excellent and kind staff. afterwards take a walk to beautiful Ann Street or st Stephen Street. you'll love it !