“Pizza extremely slow”

Ranked #705 of 2,751 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 0 - USD 43
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Edinburgh (North Bridge) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Thursday night visit so Not the busiest night of the week -order taken quickly but we had to wait almost an hour before ordered pizzas arrived -tourists in next table experienced similar delays -although the waitress offered apology order didn’t appear to be prioritised in any way -overall a really poor show and not what we have experienced in restaurants in other cities -when pizzas did arrive they were lovely but customer service very lacking.Would not recommend this place and will not visit again

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Attended with my girlfriend on 4th April for Dinner. It was very enjoyable. We were both made to feel very welcome and the service was fantastic. The food, like any other Pizza Express was amazing!

Will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Normally Pizza Express provides very good customer service. Not this time.

We waited upwards of 45 mins for our main course (despite three chefs working away in a seemingly not-overly-busy restaurant).

We were not offered top-ups of our drinks; we were not offered dessert; no-one seemed fussed about giving us the bill.

In many ways we should be glad we weren’t being hurried. But thank goodness we a) weren’t in a rush; and b) the pizza tasted very nice.

But we left disappointed.

This Pizza Express needs to raise its game I’m afraid. Otherwise if won’t get repeat custom.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Arrived on a cool but nice day in Edinburgh, greeted by a host who didn't care who put us in a cramped location despite many better tables available. The pizza was well below the standard of a good pizzeria, that combined with poor service made this a regretful choice for lunch.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

A friend and I ended up here yesterday, walked out of Pizza Express on George IV Bridge - don't ask. The staff at North Bridge Pizza Express were welcoming, friendly and helpful, brought a whole carafe of iced water without my even having to ask, and assembled a delicious and ample entree-sized vegetarian antipasto for me, even consulting me about what veg I preferred. Lovely, caring service, and delicious food. We'll be back. I've been to all of the Pizza Expresses in Edinburgh, and this was my favourite.