“Superb Thai”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Decided to pop in here and try the pre-theatre menu and turned it to be an excellent choice. The food was nothing short of superb, the Tom Yum soup being especially delicious.

The restaurant itself is small and intimate and you really feel like the staff look after you. Excellent food and service means we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We had not booked and got the impression that they did us a favor by allowing us in. It was midweek.They seemed busy but not overwhelmingly so. Decor was pretty plain , and I felt detracted from the overall ambiance. However, The food was excellent , and that of course was the main thing. If you have not been then its well worth a try.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

My husband and I went for dinner on a Tuesday night. We did not have a reservation and did not have any problems getting a table for 2. The staff were really friendly, attentive and helpful. We loved the food. It was different than other Thai restaurants I've eaten in. It did have the usual staples on the menu, but the spices and seasonings were just slightly different. Everything was incredibly fresh and very tasty. I had a prawn Tom Yum as a starter. I asked for extra chilis on the side as I like it quite spicy. It was excellent. We shared a main course and oped for the daily special which was a mixed seafood dish, with prawns, scallops and monkfish, served with a spicy tamarind sauce. It was divine! Finally my husband had the Black Tower dessert, which is made of black rice with grapes and we think coconut cream and ice cream. He said it was a bit like an exotic tapioca pudding. The flavours went together amazingly well. We really enjoyed this restaurant and will likely be back on a future visit to Edinburgh.

1  Thank PCVA71
Reviewed 17 November 2016

This small restaurant has a fantastic reputation and it’s absolutely well-deserved. We had the banquet and it was a marvellous choice as we had a great range of flavours. Everything was freshly-made to order and was exquisite.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Exquisite food. Really lovely flavours and beautiful presentation...as well as excellent service. Highly recommend. Will definitely be trying their new restaurant on Hannover Street.