“Mangsho Roti”

Pataka
Ranked #16 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian and Bengali restaurant. Opened 1991. Highly recommended by many news papers and guides. Open 7 days a week 5pm to 11pm
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Great Indian restaurant. I ordered one of their specials, Mangsho Roti, along with a couple of pints of lager, and it was terrific. Added garlic nan and the pickle side dish with mango pickle and mango chutney. I like hot Indian food, and Pataka did not dissapoint.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I went in with my partner for a meal. We both had assorted kebabs for starters and redfort special between us. All went down a treat. Staff friendly, Great atmosphere in the restaurant, would go back and certainly recommendation.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Arrived without a booking last night got a warm welcome from attentive staff .Was offered a table near the door I have a bad back following recent surgery so refused it we were taken to a lovely table in the back of the restaurant great comfortable seats.
Starter king prawn butterfly is fantastic other nearby restaurants don't compare these are a great size.
Main course again king prawns great portion shared by us both with a delicious vegetarian side dish .It was a main course dish but they offered to do us a side portion .Pilau rice fluffy generous portion .Chapati gorgeous..A lovely lively atmosphere ,service is not rushed .Only reason for four stars the plates and dishes were not warmed which means the food can go cold easily if you want to take your time.Asked for a heated tray brought promptly which was much appreciated .Recommend you book if going on a Friday night as you might not get a table

Reviewed 24 December 2015

We have a few restaurants locally, but the Pataka is the best if you want a reliably good Indian meal. Not sure why it's getting some indifferent reviews, the food is not bland at all, and being just outside the city centre, it's usually quiet here and great if you want to just pop out without booking.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

I Have to honestly say that this place is awesome. Friendly staff, incredible food. I didn't know nothing about Indian food, was a bit scared to try at first but now it's my restaurant number one.

Nice cosy place, warm atmosphere, nice people, peace and quiet. Highly recommended if you're looking for a place to date or spend good evening time.