“My new fav place!”

Cuisines: Asian, Taiwanese, Bar, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing! I wish I lived in Edinburgh, if I did it would be my local. They have done everything right. We came in on a Monday afternoon and this bar took away our hangovers instantly! Great music playing, really friendly staff and such a fun laid back atmosphere. I’ve been a veggie all my life and didn’t realise it was a veggie place until we went in, food was delicious. My boyfriend who’s a meat eater said it was the best veggie food he has ever had! We had our dog with us and it was no problem to them for her to come in. Would love to visit this place on a weekend, will be back soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place. Vegetarian restaurant. Very laid back. Trendy decor. Loved the booth we ate in. Very lively (I suggest booking in advance). Fully stocked bar. Great menu. Lots of choice for vegans as well as vegetarians. Lovely, friendly staff. Great food .... so good I forgot to take any photos!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Visited while on holiday in Edinburgh. The food is out of this world - the nachos are on another level. Jerk jackfruit was tasty but didn't really have the punchy flavour of jerk -
more of a barbecue flavour. The decor and vibe is really fun. Overall a great place to go. Would have gone again if it wasn't for the service.

They forgot about our cocktails - forgivable. Unfortunately they weren't the best cocktails either. Took ages for our order to be taken, table to be cleared, get the bill etc. The staff were busy talking to their friends for most of the night. They were nice enough when they did remember to serve you.

I would recommend going for the food- just not if you're in a hurry as it may take a while!

Andrew R, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi Rosie,

I am so sorry to hear your experience with us was disappointing in terms of service. Could you possibly let us know which day this was so that we can follow up on this? You can pop me an email on booking@theparadisepalms.com

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Just go. All about the atmosphere. Great staff, fun vibe. Foods vegetarian, but tasty. Self described as soul food. Has a record store during the day and weird entertainment by night. Does get busy on the weekends but definitely worth the effort

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The food part has been franchised out to Lucky Pig and is entirely vegetarian, but they haven’t updated their menu on the website yet, which was confusing. When we got there, they seated us in the bar due to crowding, which was fine but dark and we were subjected to some terrible, terrible music that made me feel like we were in some 1970s crime drama.

I ordered the jackfruit poboy which tasted fine (the jackfruit does taste like pulled chicken but actually I don’t really like pulled spiced chicken, which is not their fault), and they have a wide selection of cocktails. However, I disapprove of the glass sizes (enclosed).

The staff are friendly and helpful, bringing water to the table without having to request it, for example. Would go again.