“10/10 Service ”

Burgers and Beers Grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Burgers and Beers Grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 2,804 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 13 - USD 31
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: We’re an award-winning burger restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh's Royal Mile, serving up the best burgers, steaks, slow-cooked ribs, chicken and sumptuous sides in town! Fresh. Local. Unbeatable. What more could you ask for?
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Andrew gave a warm welcome, great recommendations for local things to see and do and didn't just provide service, he gave a great customer experience. 10/10 highly recommended based on him alone. The food is also good

Date of visit: April 2018
GilieB, Manager at Burgers and Beers Grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the great review!

Andrew will be so pleased you mentioned him, I will pass your comments on. Glad to hear you also loved your food.

Hope to see you again soon

Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Andrew made our visit from the start to finish of ordering he was superb and even took the time to mention places to visit .food was exceptional will be back again if visiting Edinburgh for sure

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went on a Wednesday evening with a friend to try out the unlimited chicken wings. The deal is straightforward, £12 for all you can eat and includes a bottle of craft lager - Not bad at all. Even better once you have sampled the food. I am a bit of a chicken wing nut and I have to say these were right up there for quality of meat and the sauces. They bring you 8 to start and then series of 4 until you can't manage any more. 4 sauces to choose from, I could only manage 8 buffalo, 4 spicy buffalo and 4 bbq (such was the size of these bad boys). My mate tried the 4th sauce which was like sweet chilli or something, said it was not bad. Would recommend for the wings! Saw burgers etc on other tables which looked good but can't testify to that.

Date of visit: March 2018

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the 5-Star review!
The wings are fantastic so I am pleased you enjoyed them.
Unlimited wings & a beer is on every Wednesday so you will have to pop back & see us again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As the name of the restaurant advertised. Went twice on our trip to Edinburgh. Once cause we were hungry and found it a convenient stop along the mile. Second because we wanted to go back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited this restaurant twice during my stay in Edinburgh a few weeks ago. The first time, I popped in to meet friends I was travelling with. We had split up for the day to do different activities. They stopped in to have lunch and were just finishing when I arrived, so I only had a whisky.

They could not stop raving about their food and how amazing it was. The server, Mercedes, was chatting with them at the table. She was very friendly and provided great service. I wish I could tell you which burgers they ordered, but I really don't know.

A few days later, on my own again, I decided to stop in and try them. I ordered the burger lunch special which comes with a basic burger and fries, and a bottle of Heineken for 12.95. The burger and fries were very good. I have no idea what was going on with the wait staff however. The person who waited on me never showed up again after taking the initial order. The person who dropped off my food also disappeared after that. No one ever came to check on me or ask if I wanted another beer, which of course, I did. I waited forever for someone to even make eye contact with me so I could get the bill. The two ladies sitting next to me had a similar experience. There were only about 4 couples in the whole dining room, plus me, so it wasn't busy. I wish Mercedes had been there the day I went.

Date of visit: March 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
I am sorry to hear your second visit didn’t match the first, I will investigate this to see what the issue was.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your first visit, Mercedes & the team work hard to try & give all our guests the best experience possible & I apologise that you didn’t get the same level of service on both visits.

I hope this will not discourage you from dining with us again when you are next in Edinburgh.
Hope to see you soon