“Great Wee Gin Experience!”

Pickering's Gin Distillery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 13.00*
and up
1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and...
Ranked #13 of 450 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pickering's Gin is distilled by hand at the Summerhall Distillery, Edinburgh's first exclusive gin distillery to open in 150 years. We are delighted to host guided tours and tastings. Please visit our website to book a tour and to check availability. Tours last approximately 60 minutes. For a mere £10 a head you can: - See how hand crafted, small batch gin is made - Marvel at the botanicals room, still and bottling line - Sample all three Pickering's gin expressions - Enjoy a Pickering's & Tonic from the gin tap at The Royal Dick bar - Explore the labyrinth of exhibitions and events within Summerhall Summerhall Distillery.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked this tour in preparation for my girlfriend visiting from out of town. I chose this because it looked like a lesser known alternative to a certain other gin tour in town. The Pickerings Gin Tour was a perfect way to spend a few hours, we loved hearing the fantastic history of the company from Victoria, our tour guide, who really made the experience not only enjoyable but also memorable. Filled with colour descriptions, jokes (mostly puns which my gf approved of 10/10) and plenty sass, the tour was a great way to learn about the history and creation of Pickering's gin and gin in general. Being able to sniff and handle the ingredients was excellent too (do not drink the ye'olde tonic). At £10 per ticket everyone recieved a G&T at the start, followed by 3 neat gin tastings towards the end. The value of that alone makes this tour well worth your time.

Would definitely recommend to friends and family!

DistilleryManager, Guest Relations Manager at Pickering's Gin Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your gin-tastic review and kind words. I am delighted that you had such a memorable time on your gin jolly with me. I am partial to a wee pun or two, so I am pleased that you and your girlfriend thoroughly approved. I am also very pleased that you found our tour to be exceptionally great value, and thank you so much for your recommendations. If you and your girlfriend are back in Edinburgh, please lets us know and come visit us again. Cheers, Victoria.

All reviews
"great knowledge"
"excellent guide"
"ask questions"

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a great gin tour! Excellent value for money, as you get a g&t to start and then some tasters during the tour. The tour guide Victoria was funny, friendly and very informed about both Pickering’s and also gin in general - I learnt a lot.

Highly recommended for any gin lovers visiting Edinburgh. Originally I wanted to book on the Edinburgh gin tour, but it was fully booked, so I went to Pickerings instead - pleased I did as it was excellent.

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words. I am delighted that you learnt so much on your tour with me, and had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for the recommendation, and we were very pleased to have you on our gin jolly. Cheers, Victoria.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Jenny made the gin tour experience really interesting and good fun. Lots of info included but not boring!

Hello Rachel, thank you for your review and kind words. I am very pleased you had a wonderful time with Jenny and you found your gin jolly to be entertaining! If you had any suggestions on how we could have made this a 5 star experience for you, please email me at tours@pickeringsgin.com. Cheers, Victoria

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visit started in the bar with a G&T just before 12 noon so my earliest gin ever! Next movwd to the distillery. Cost, quirky and fab. Our guide, Jenny, was great at explaining how Pickering's came into being as well as giving some historical background to gin. The information was delivered at a good pace, was informative and entertaining. Seeing the bottling room really made me appreciate that the team do a cracking job producing great gins in a tiny space. The tasting of 3 gins was a lovely way to end a very enjoyable visit. Would go again.

Thank you Nadia for your great review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time on your experience with Jenny, and we would happily welcome you back to Summerhall Distillery. I am very pleased that you found our gin jolly to be very entertaining, and has given you a real appreciation of everything we do here! Cheers, Victoria.