Open today: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from USD 81.51
from USD 12.80
from USD 16.60
from USD 12.80
More Info
All reviews gin tonic great tour our tour guide knew her stuff distilling process booked this tour tour starts great afternoon visiting edinburgh ask questions enjoyable tour dick history navy company tenner school
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Jenny made the gin tour experience really interesting and good fun. Lots of info included but not boring!

Date of experience: March 2018
DistilleryManager, Guest Relations Manager at Pickering's Gin Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Rachel, thank you for your review and kind words. I am very pleased you had a wonderful time with Jenny and you found your gin jolly to be entertaining! If you had any suggestions on how we could have made this a 5 star experience for you, please email me at tours@pickeringsgin.com. Cheers, Victoria

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visit started in the bar with a G&T just before 12 noon so my earliest gin ever! Next movwd to the distillery. Cost, quirky and fab. Our guide, Jenny, was great at explaining how Pickering's came into being as well as giving some historical background to gin. The information was delivered at a good pace, was informative and entertaining. Seeing the bottling room really made me appreciate that the team do a cracking job producing great gins in a tiny space. The tasting of 3 gins was a lovely way to end a very enjoyable visit. Would go again.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you Nadia for your great review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time on your experience with Jenny, and we would happily welcome you back to Summerhall Distillery. I am very pleased that you found our gin jolly to be very entertaining, and has given you a real appreciation of everything we do here! Cheers, Victoria.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on Easter Monday and had a great time. Started with a gin and tonic followed by some tasting. We have previously visited a different much bigger distillery but seeing a smaller scale distillery was so interesting and really worth while. The guide was really knowledgable and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review and very kind words. I am delighted you had such a wonderful experience, and I thank you for your recommendations. Cheers, Victoria.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great tour and friendly enthusiastic staff. Victoria and Jenny looked after our group well and gave us loads of information. Yes this is a tour where you don't move very far but you get loads of information and the chance to move around and get a good look at everything. The staff are clearly passionate about everything Pickering's and I learned a lot. Will definitely recommend this to others.
We finished off our tour by returning to the Royal Dick for excellent food and more sampling of both Pickering's gin and Barney's beer.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review and very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Summerhall Distillery, and got a real sense of the passion from Pickering's Team through Jenny and I. Thank you for your recommendations, and I would certainly agree that the Royal Dick is wonderful place to relax. Cheers, Victoria.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Initially I thought I was going to be disappointed as the tour can’t really be described as a tour since it’s located in one room but it was so interesting that I think it was terrific value for money. Not the easiest place to find as it’s not well sign posted (no tourist signs) but thanks to Google Maps and stopping to ask a delivery driver, we found Summerhall and made our way to the bar for our welcome G&T. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic and informative. It’s clear that the employees really have a passion for their work.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you for your excellent review. It is true that our Gin Jolly takes place in our small yet perfectly formed distillery, and that guests are surprised by how much we can produce in the previous kennels of the Old Vet School. I am delighted that you found it to be great value for money, and once you had located us, you thoroughly enjoyed your tour. We are tucked away within Summerhall, which is why we send all of our guests directions via email. I am very pleased that the passion for Pickering's came through during your visit. Cheers, Victoria.