“Great tour - must do for gin lovers”

Pickering's Gin Distillery
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 13.44*
and up
1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and...
Ranked #13 of 449 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pickering's Gin is distilled by hand at the Summerhall Distillery, Edinburgh's first exclusive gin distillery to open in 150 years. We are delighted to host guided tours and tastings. Please visit our website to book a tour and to check availability. Tours last approximately 60 minutes. For a mere £10 a head you can: - See how hand crafted, small batch gin is made - Marvel at the botanicals room, still and bottling line - Sample all three Pickering's gin expressions - Enjoy a Pickering's & Tonic from the gin tap at The Royal Dick bar - Explore the labyrinth of exhibitions and events within Summerhall Summerhall Distillery.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a great gin tour! Excellent value for money, as you get a g&t to start and then some tasters during the tour. The tour guide Victoria was funny, friendly and very informed about both Pickering’s and also gin in general - I learnt a lot.

Highly recommended for any gin lovers visiting Edinburgh. Originally I wanted to book on the Edinburgh gin tour, but it was fully booked, so I went to Pickerings instead - pleased I did as it was excellent.

DistilleryManager, Guest Relations Manager at Pickering's Gin Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words. I am delighted that you learnt so much on your tour with me, and had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for the recommendation, and we were very pleased to have you on our gin jolly. Cheers, Victoria.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"tenner"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Jenny made the gin tour experience really interesting and good fun. Lots of info included but not boring!

Hello Rachel, thank you for your review and kind words. I am very pleased you had a wonderful time with Jenny and you found your gin jolly to be entertaining! If you had any suggestions on how we could have made this a 5 star experience for you, please email me at tours@pickeringsgin.com. Cheers, Victoria

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visit started in the bar with a G&T just before 12 noon so my earliest gin ever! Next movwd to the distillery. Cost, quirky and fab. Our guide, Jenny, was great at explaining how Pickering's came into being as well as giving some historical background to gin. The information was delivered at a good pace, was informative and entertaining. Seeing the bottling room really made me appreciate that the team do a cracking job producing great gins in a tiny space. The tasting of 3 gins was a lovely way to end a very enjoyable visit. Would go again.

Thank you Nadia for your great review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time on your experience with Jenny, and we would happily welcome you back to Summerhall Distillery. I am very pleased that you found our gin jolly to be very entertaining, and has given you a real appreciation of everything we do here! Cheers, Victoria.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on Easter Monday and had a great time. Started with a gin and tonic followed by some tasting. We have previously visited a different much bigger distillery but seeing a smaller scale distillery was so interesting and really worth while. The guide was really knowledgable and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you for your wonderful review and very kind words. I am delighted you had such a wonderful experience, and I thank you for your recommendations. Cheers, Victoria.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great tour and friendly enthusiastic staff. Victoria and Jenny looked after our group well and gave us loads of information. Yes this is a tour where you don't move very far but you get loads of information and the chance to move around and get a good look at everything. The staff are clearly passionate about everything Pickering's and I learned a lot. Will definitely recommend this to others.
We finished off our tour by returning to the Royal Dick for excellent food and more sampling of both Pickering's gin and Barney's beer.

Thank you for your fantastic review and very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Summerhall Distillery, and got a real sense of the passion from Pickering's Team through Jenny and I. Thank you for your recommendations, and I would certainly agree that the Royal Dick is wonderful place to relax. Cheers, Victoria.