“Loch Ness 2-day”

Ranked #35 of 249 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rabbie's expert guides lead you through the must-see sights of Scotland and England. You explore the epic natural wonders, cute traditional villages, and ancient castles. And on all their tours, you learn from the best storytellers, explore in small groups of 16 passengers or less, support local communities, enjoy guaranteed departures, and get a guaranteed experience or your money back.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came to Scotland because of the tour we booked with Rabbie’s. We went on the 2-day Loch Ness tour with Ross.
What an amazing trip. Once I clicked the final button everything was taken care of. You all made our experience so wonderful and Ross did an amazing job. He made our trip so personable, we could tell he really cared about each guest onboard.
I don’t think we will be able to make it back before we leave, but if we do we will come see you all again.

Rabbie's, Public Relations Manager at Rabbie's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Joel,

It's great to hear that Ross was so caring and thoughtful of the group. We're really happy that you has such a wonderful experience!

All the best,

Aimee

Write a ReviewReviews (6,476)
All reviews
in 96 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Honestly, I cannot speak highly enough of Rabbies, if you wan't to go on a tour go with these guys, they've been active for over 20 years (I believe it's 25 yeas this year) and are hands down the best at what they do. You meet your tour guide at the crowded Rabbies Cafe where your guide will check you off the list and you can jump aboard the nice large-windowed comfy Mercedes bus. Our tour guide was Sharon, a wonderfully bubbly Italian lady who has spent a long time in Scotland to the point where she almost has a Scottish accent herself. Sharon was very knowledgeable about a massive amount of topics from Whiskey, the Glencoe Massacre to Mary Queen of Scots of whom she seemed particularly fond of. We managed to get the day with the worst weather, it rained, then it showed then it rained again then with went overcast but even then we found the tour to be astonishingly beautiful as everything including Ben Nevis was snow covered. I think at the peak of the three sisters there must have been 8-10 inches of snow, it was magical and Sharon's driving was spot on despite the fact she was talking a great deal of the time. If a guide talking bothers you (though I can't imagine why it would) then you can turn the little speaker above your head off. Because of the snow we didn't really see much of Rannoch Moor, but Glencoe was breathtaking and tragic- one of our highlights as well as the Cairngorn's which braces your entire body with this wonderful sense of warming serendipity. One of the last big stops we had at Loch Ness was likely my least favourite, considering it was a pretty cold day and we'd packed a lunch, but the worst part about Loch Ness is that it is a huuuuge tourist trap and I expected that when we went. Beware, the one in the Loch is not the only monster you will find here! Toilets at Loch Ness are 50p as of April 1st 2018. The 12 hour nature of this touring is quite tiring but the amount of stops allow you some fresh air and the ability to wake up. I should point out that I have a pretty weak bladder so was worried sick about this but the stops were frequent enough for me not to worry and most of the toilets didn't cost. There are so many wonderful little parts of the tour with stops where you can taste Whisky and ice-cream though due to the Whisky Experience and Mary's Milk bar back in Edinburgh I was a little snobbish toward them! Nonetheless, I'd 100% go on another tour with Rabbies, it manages to be interesting and soothing, active and relaxing, funny and tragic- please accept my sincere thanks for a wonderful day and my partner and myself cannot wait to do another.

1  Thank James D

Hi James,

Thanks for your very kind review, we really appreciate your thoughts and are so pleased that you enjoyed the tour.
We hope to see you again!

Kind Regards,