A depressing experience. Although this is billed as a decent place it is hardly what you might expect if it is a genuine hotel you are looking for. Where to start? The reception area and breakfast room are round the corner so if it is raining you are going to get wet going between them and your room. There is no lift, so you might find yourself walking up four floors with your luggage (I was on the third floor). You enter the room and find it is mostly taken up by the bed. There is no hook on the door to hang up your coat. There is no bedside light. There is an internet facility but you have to pay extra for it (wireless only in the restaurant apparently). The bathroom is tiny; the basin is so small you hit your head on the shelf when washing. The shower is a disaster all of its own - the head is fixed so you cannot adjust it, and it sprays out all over the place (the curtain is totally inadequate). In my room the heater did not work. The windows are not double-glazed and the street outside is cobbled - so lots of noise coming in; delivery lorries arrive at 6 am and stuff is being unloaded to the halls; the walls and doors are not sound-proofed, so other people coming in late or leaving early can disturb you.
The breakfast was good, but the waiter puts hot water into an unheated teapot, so your drink is cold.
On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable and the TV worked fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are thrilled to announce the refurbishment of Kenneth Mackenzie is going ahead at the start of 2017. These exciting developments mean that this year-round hotel will be able to offer 45 new double en-suite rooms as well as a re-design of the breakfast room all available from mid-summer 2017. Our bed and breakfast accommodation at Richmond Place is close to all of Edinburgh's main tourist attractions, including the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle, so you will find it easy to see the sights during your stay. All 20 double and 20 single rooms have en-suite facilities, TV, telephone, chargeable internet access and tea/coffee-making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Priceline, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your KM Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenneth Mackenzie Hotel Edinburgh
- Kenneth Mackenzie Suite Edinburgh
- Kenneth Mackenzie Suite Hotel Edinburgh
- KM Central Edinburgh, Scotland