“Wiiiiiings!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here with my husband while visiting Edinburgh. We’d been recommended Wings (in the lonely planet book I think) so were really looking forward to our visit. We’d booked in advance, but probably didn’t need to (it was a Thursday, and early evening).

We ordered 4 different types of wings, two sides and 2 dips. With a drink each as well this came to less than £30 which seemed good value.

The wings were great. They came out really quick and all the different sauces were tasty, my favourite was the spicy jerk. The deep fried tortilla strips were a lovely surprise, so simple but so tasty.

The decor of the place is fun, lots of sci fi characters and references. Everything comes out on disposable plates and you eat with your fingers - which for a wings place is perfect!

The only thing stopping this being 5/5 is that some of the wings were a bit tough. We think they probably precook all wings and then just warm them up to order and add sauce. For the price it’s fine, but it’s the difference between great and excellent!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We found this neat little hole in the wall by looking up chicken wings when we were in Edinburgh. It did not disappoint. It’s a little difficult to find but that only adds to the appeal. The wings were cooked to perfection and they had so many flavors to select from. Chips were done excellent as well. They had an extensive drink menu as well. Would definitely go back. Too bad we live so far away.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We love this place - always take friends here when they come visit! Quirky, well priced and delicious food!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

In a wings place I was expecting fresh cooked marinated wings. Unfortunately the wings were pre cooked and deep fried once ordered. The sauces were as bad as the wings itself. Nothing was home made! Me and my friend actually forced our self to eat some of the wings just not to waist our money.
The place itself was cool, so if you want to go there for the venue itself AVOID THE WINGS!

1  Thank I-Wona B
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

There is no where that even comes close to wings. It’s amazing. Before I moved away for a year I came here about once or twice a fortnight and as soon as I get home I’ll be right back. Miss you wings.