“Real grilled Meat, good service”
Review of Rodi Restaurant

Rodi Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 2,776 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Not far from the “hotspots” Grassmarket and Princess Street, the Rodi offers a delightful and special eating experience. Most dishes are grilled on a real charcoal grill which is inside the restaurant! The style is Turkish / Kurdish, so they offer many chicken and lamb dishes as well several typical starters. We had several different plates on one day which were very good, so we decided to come back to try the combined platter for two with several starters and several various kinds of freshly grilled meat.
The service is very friendly and attentive. If you like grilled meat or if you look for something special, go to the Rodi.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I have had good Turkish food in Istanbul, but this is even better than most of those. We had falafel with hummus, chicken, lamb, salad and rice. Words don't do it justice. Ali is so friendly, nice, and the restaurant is very welcoming. If you are a tourist and already in the vicinity of Edinburgh Castle, it's only a 10 min walk from there and worth a few extra steps!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here 4 times in two years and every time I feel like it's my first time. Amazing food and the service is like you one of the family.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I've only been to Edinburgh twice in the last two years and my first port of call this time was Rodi!
The best recommendation for me is would I come back again? Absolutely, I'll be back!
Excellent food and service.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I must ranked this as one of my best Turkish food outside of Turkey. Having lived and worked there, I found the place authentic, reminds me a lot of the local kebab places I used to visit. We tried a few of the lamb dishes, a couple of cold mezes, and they are all very good and tasty.