“excellent quality hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Yealmpton, United Kingdom
“excellent quality hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Very attentive staff and an excellent breakfast. 15 minute taxi ride into town but very good prices compared to more central hotels

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was my first stay in a Premier Inn. The check-in was convoluted with lots of questions designed to make me part with my money even though these had been answered when I had booked online. That’s when I eventually got to the desk. The couple in front of me didn’t have a reservation so it took even longer, with more questions. I had completed a long journey to get there and that was the last thing I wanted. I just had to put with it and accept it.

What I don’t accept is the absence of a lift and low water pressure. I was told by the receptionist (to her credit, she was apologetic), it was an old building. The room was clean but I found a number of problems. These included no form of ventilation as the window was alarmed, so wouldn’t open. The air conditioning controls were glued shut so I couldn’t adjust the temperature and it got quite cold. Also, the pump for the soap in the bath wouldn’t work and if it did, I wouldn’t have been able to get it out of my hair due to the low water pressure and tepid water which took an age to heat up. The towels didn’t smell like they had been washed very well as they smelled like prunes. With the bed being close to the door and walls so thin, you could hear conversations and footsteps on the corridor.

Positive things include a comfortable, clean, large bed, decent television and tea/coffee making facilities and having a Tesco Express next door to get something to eat. It was average at best for the one night stay but I wouldn’t recommend a longer stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank merchy20
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Great premier inn! Quiet area, with free parking and only £1.30 to get into town stright from door to door! Lovely staff friendly and helpful! Room was lovely and clean and a good size! Would definately stay again and would recommend to anyone! X

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank laraelsegood
South Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Would happily stay again, would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This hotel was fantastic, lovely Premier Inn, probably the nicest one I've stayed in. We stayed here for New Years Eve and New Years day!
Lovely greeting on arrival, we were well informed on buses to the city centre which take about 10-15 mins, think they run every 20 mins. Number 4 bus to city centre & it was £1.30 for a single or £3.20 for a day rider.

Lovely room, for some reason we had a family room! Great!
Tried the restaurant downstairs, lovely!
New Years Day my fiance fancied and Indian after the NYE drinking at the Princes Street Hogmanay party (fab by the way, only £16.50 per ticket and you can take your own drink, it's worth going just for the fireworks, let alone the beautiful bag pipes and other music!) We ordered from the Indian down the road called the Shahi Manzil and they delivered to the hotel (this was looooooovely food, amazing Naan bread!). I popped down to reception to ask if we would be able to borrow some plates. We were immediately provided with plates and cutlery and we were asked if we would like her to send the delivery guy to our room when he arrived! Very good!

Not much else to say other than it was great and would stay here again!

P.S. there is not a swimming pool at this hotel but when rating certain aspects below, I have selected swimming pool by accident and now can't de-select!!! Der!!! lol

Room Tip: Book here!