“Long overdue visit ”

Khartoum Cafe
Ranked #666 of 2,698 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Have walked past this place for years and always wanted to pop in. Did today and am kicking myself that I haven't before.

The owner was chatty and kind. He took me and my wife through the options and I ended up asking for 'whatever he thought was good'.

That was a falafel wrap with hummus, aubergines, beans, salad, olives, yoghurt and mixed veg. It was absolutely fantastic. Cheaper than chips too. Would heartily recommend and will be back often

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Visit this place regularly for my lunch. The food is fresh and delicious. Wonderful selection of fillings for the wraps. My personal favourites are the lamb and falafael. They also do a tremendous lentil soup.
The staff are lovely and chat to everyone.
Well worth a visit for a tasty lunch.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Stumbled upon this spot accidentally walking from the Bruntsfield links. Had an amazing falafel and babaganoush wrap at the recommendation of another visitor. Amazing service & food. Very inexpensive. Will be back!

1  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

This is the second time I visited this wonderful place and I intend to go back many times! Great veggie selection- the wraps are amazing. Perfect hangover food! Great friendly service too. And reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Whilst looking for somewhere to grab a quick snack before a show at The King's Theatre, we were fortunate to pass this fabulous little shop. As vegans, we are often struggling to find good, tasty, reasonably priced food but we were spoilt for choice in this establishment and were served up two of the biggest wraps on the planet, full of fresh ingredients for about half of what you would expect to pay in Edinburgh! You really couldn't ask for more friendly or helpful service! Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Michelle J